Dreamsy LV.30 Dream Chaser
Dec 5, 2020, 01:05 AM 331 read

Can we talk about this? -Pathfinder

Hey before we start I just wanna touch base with you guys. When was the last time you ate something and when was the last time you drank a healthy amount of water? If you can’t answer either of those and the opportunity arises please take it. Physical health is just as important as mental health. And taking steps to improve you physical health will usually by proxy help your mental health. But with that out of the way Can we talk about this? Pathfinder has been one of Apex Players darling children right up there with Wraith literally as he was the second most picked character at one point in time. It was a no brainer too because even if you couldn’t play Pathfinder you could play Pathfinder. Let me explain. Pathfinder used to be a one size fits all legend. Want to play ultra aggressive and fly zip lining into fight like a mad man? Pathfinder’s good for that. Want to play more passive finding new rings and getting high ground for you and your team? Pathfinders good for that. But this all comes with a cost. He has 15 second STATIC cool down on his tactical grappling hook and he keeps low profile. Now Pathfinder sounds pretty good right? Anyone can play and noob friendly? Not anymore and that’s why I’m making this post. Pathfinder is in the worst part of his long robot life right now. His grapple was nerfed so many times that it just isn’t the same. They started by putting it on a 35 second STATIC cool down which he was still playable but you had to hold on to grapple or your fucked. Then they did something even worse. They gave him a 15-35 second DYNAMIC cool down. This made his grapples hella inconsistent because you never know what next cool down is gonna be. Pros hated this even more than the 35 second cool down because the timer was based on amount of space traveled and it is super spotty on what counts as moving. Is sliding after a grapple counted in his cool down? Respawn thought so. Does going straight up after you lose most momentum count as cool down? You bet. The other big thing was his hit box. In preseason 1 it was literally like shooting cheese. Sometimes bullets would just not reg so respawn “fixed” his hit box. He went from a slender hard to hit robot to literal fucking refrigerator. With the Christmas skin of his soon to be rerelease his has the hit box of Jolly old Saint Nick. He just gets melted and you might not think much of it but don’t forget they NEVER TOOK OFF LOW PROFILE. He is still a low profile legend with a large hit box meaning he dies a LOT more than he used to. Meaning if you play Pathfinder you best be a movement god because just standing still will get you demolished. The final kick in the robotic gonads that respawn gave him was ever recon character gets his passive. That’s right he doesn’t even have a real passive anymore. He gets -10 seconds off his zip line cooldown and gets it immediately if he scans a beacon but his ult charges so quick you barely notice it. Bottom line if you want true recon run Bloodhound and if you want true movement run Wraith or Horizon. Don’t get it twisted I love pathfinder to death and have a really good amount of time spent playing him and he is still fun he just isn’t the same legend he used to be. Respawn seems to hate him and right now unless you have absolutely spent all of your time playing him and not played any other character it might be good to play some one else for a while. Other than that if you disagree leave a comment. I love you all.

Apex Legends: General - Can we talk about this? -Pathfinder  image 2

Comment 9

• YeOlGoodBoye LV.3 Lurker Dec 9, 2020, 10:02 AM

bro i swear.. i tell my friends that path needs a passive rework and they say “no it’s fine!!!” bruh no it’s not

• Micah_Potato LV.21 Clearly Hacking Dec 5, 2020, 02:34 AM

L for pathfinder

• Dreamsy LV.30 Dream Chaser Dec 5, 2020, 02:41 AM

Pathfinder is taking a lot of Ls nowadays

• K_Wraithz LV.10 You're a Bot Dec 5, 2020, 04:07 AM

I play pathy or horizon on ranked

• Dreamsy LV.30 Dream Chaser Dec 5, 2020, 05:34 AM

I prefer Horizon as right now she is the better legend but if your comfortable enough either one works. I’ve noticed a lot of good pathfinders moving to Horzion as well.

• MeleeMittens LV.10 Bloodhound Main Dec 5, 2020, 03:15 AM

I really need to get better at my grappling game. So many perks to playing with Pathfinder 👍🏼

• Dreamsy LV.30 Dream Chaser Dec 5, 2020, 05:33 AM

Although Learning correct grapples with pathfinder is important really try to focus on your movement if you are trying to get better. So working on things like strafing and dodging bullets are crucial. I am by no means a pro but I am just a no lifer who likes apex and top pathfinders like Albralelie have godlike movement to try and negate that low profile. But keep working at it and pathfinder can be pretty rewarding.

• Jrobis06 LV.6 Nomad Dec 5, 2020, 08:04 AM

nice

• moplemopes LV.7 Enderman Dec 5, 2020, 07:22 PM

I'm reading this after my 3rd dub with pathfinder of the day....

Home