CM_Heylel LV.22 GameManager
Sep 13, 2019, 11:34 AM 7,150 read

[Notice] GM Loves Rice Cakes Event Issue

Announcement
HEIR OF LIGHT: Announcement - [Notice] GM Loves Rice Cakes Event Issue  image 1

Greetings Heirs,   We would like to notify all Users with an issue that occurred on 9/12 CDT with GM Loves Rice Cakes Event. Currently, the event page is closed to prevent further abusement of the bug. We are in the process of resolving the issue and will make an official announcement once it is resolved. Please see below for more details on the GM Loves Rice Cakes Event Issue and we apologize for the inconveniences.   Date of Issue: [US] 9/12 10:00 AM ~ 7:40 PM CDT [EU] 9/12 5:00 PM ~ 9/13 2:40 AM CEST [SEA] 9/12 11:00 PM ~ 8:40 AM SGT   Details: GM Loves Rice Cakes Event Issue: > An issue where users can obtain an infinite amount of ingredients from daily missions without completing them.   Notice: > The rice cakes will be retrieved from the users who have exceeded the daily number of rice cakes. > The number of Rice Cakes will be subtracted and displayed as [ - ] for those who have already used and gone over the daily limit of rice cakes. > All rewards will be retrieved from the users who have gone over the daily limit of rice cakes and exchanged them for rewards. > For users who have used all the rewards may temporarily be restricted due to the process of retrieving items and rolling back accounts. Temporarily restricted accounts will be accessible once the item retrieval and account rollback process are complete.   We will make another announcement when we have resolved this issue. We apologize for any inconveniences that you may experience due to the GM Love Rice Cakes Event.   Thank you    

Comment 27

• LLCoolJ LV.5 Lurker Sep 13, 2019, 11:05 PM

I mean I understand that some people abused it and it is unfair to people who didn't but u will make a lot of people angry with the solution you just described lol People literally can't play the game now since they would lose everything they gain to the rollback and we don't even know at what time you guys planed to do it. So the people with repeat pack/ double shard pack are just wasting the time of their packs. And like i said Yes it is wrong and not fair to abuse a bug but we should consider that the reason for this bug came from ur side... just my two cents

• CM_Flynn LV.17 GameManager Sep 14, 2019, 02:53 AM

We are in the process of resolving the issue and will make an official announcement about future plan once the issue is resolved.

• Jonas Perkins LV.1 Mootie Sep 13, 2019, 06:54 PM

Oh how lovely. I’ve only been playing for a few weeks. I missed a most of the desert event so I thought every time I was pressing it that it was letting me catch up to what I was owed (since I was grinding for hours a day) but apparently I wasn’t owed. I didn’t know that it was bug. I don’t play many games and I’m not a coder/programmer. But if you want to suspend my account and punish me for your error, you can kindly refund the money I spent so I don’t have to go to Apple and get it back.

We are in the process of resolving the issue and will make an official announcement about future plan once the issue is resolved.

• Rawlins25 LV.1 Mootie Sep 13, 2019, 10:42 PM

i totally agree that the consequences heir has proposed is just insane. we didnt hack the game, so any error is on the company side. we support your game with our cash. should we apply for a refund when dont get item *5 cards

• Bdawg3 LV.2 Lurker Sep 14, 2019, 02:45 AM

So we are going to lose all of our progress after this event bugged if we didn't realize the materials showing as 300/300 and the button remaining clickable was an error? Everyone can finish the event anyway, why not just count any extra rice cakes players used as a negative balance and they can earn the remaining rewards after catching up to the daily limit. Many hours of playing and money spent that had nothing to do with the event will be lost if there is a rollback.

• LIGER876 LV.3 Lurker Sep 14, 2019, 09:16 AM

you'll lose player base if you make any stupid decisions,why should we be punished for the teams mistake????c'mon man

• Setzer Llanita LV.2 Lurker Sep 14, 2019, 09:25 AM

Please fix soon. Thank you

• gubén LV.2 Lurker Sep 14, 2019, 06:01 PM

As someone who has been playing this game for a long time and who did not use this bug. Please do show leniency towards those who did exploit the bug. We do need all the players we have now [and more]. It will not do any good banning people because of your fuck up in the first place.

• NO NAME verified Sep 15, 2019, 04:14 AM

Without passing judgment on any of the above posts - if you took advantage of the bug SHAME ON YOU! This game is pretty generous in terms of freebies and dev support already without having to resort to, well let's face it, cheating. I see the sh*tstorm brewing on the horizon over this post, but so far all anyone has done here is complain. Don't you think the devs feel bad about this mistake and are hard at work trying to work out how to fix it?

• OverLordDoniel LV.5 Lurker Sep 16, 2019, 04:14 AM

lol how hilarious to see bug abusers complain abt what they sow. it's their fault so you shouldn't be blamed nor face any repercussions.

• gamer612301651 LV.1 Mootie Sep 13, 2019, 03:09 PM

so in shorts while this was your bug, you will null my repeate battle pack and ban me for finishing the event, which was all i did, didnt even pick up the energy from my inbox, but did summon - got nothing useful- the scrolls. However i will get banned till rerolled, so basically there is no reason to play untill you reroll my acc. Thanks for the info. Time to stop checking in until you finish?

• CM_Flynn LV.17 GameManager Sep 14, 2019, 02:52 AM

• Didymus LV.3 Lurker Sep 19, 2019, 01:48 PM

Translation: don't cheat, nub.

• Beuhardo LV.2 Lurker Sep 14, 2019, 01:40 AM

Just extend the event another month and use -cakes as a solution

Thank you for your feedback. We will make additional announcement once we finalize the details.

• gamer848026553 LV.1 Mootie Sep 14, 2019, 02:07 AM

I would like to make a suggestion... an one time only offer lets say. Instead of keeping affected accounts out of the game you could give away to the rest of the game players the event rewards. That is if you can give the rewards to the gamers that did not get them through the game bug. Everyone will get them anyway eventually. Also after that refrain from events for a while if you think it is necessary. And make sure this never happens again. It is not the gamers fault anyway. I think this will be fair for everyone.

Thank you for your feedback. We will make additional announcement once we finalize the details.

• YoshioHaruki LV.22 Game Critic Sep 15, 2019, 12:41 AM

The event was working fine for me and was a good source of free valor but now that it's gone, I'm missing out on the 600 valor I used to be getting from it daily. Can you guys at least give players the daily 600 valor in place of the event while you're working on a fix? It's been a couple of days now.

For the record, this is not a complaint - I'm just asking for some additional free valor (coz that daily 200 is not enough for me haha). 😂😂😂

• gamer249976807 LV.1 Mootie Sep 16, 2019, 07:49 AM

Okay now. At this point, what's the deal? We didn't write the code. The rewards were automatically sent to inbox so of course they were collected. I logged in after it was up and bugged for 10 hours already. had all items to be returned but after 3 days some will get spent considering I do acquire them by other means in the game.
    I'm fine with a rollback if all rank rewards from Abaddon, tower invasion, and the other content are sent as compensation. along with the alot of other items acquired.
    Just think of how future consumers will look at this. They can be punished for engaging in an event that they aren't 100% sure of. I thought it was like the bingo/wick events where you just game hard til its complete. After I completed the event I realized it wasn't meant to give thousands conversion stones. Items were automatically sent, no clicking to get sent to inbox.
    I see it like this. You have no ingame supervision of your business and it bit you hard. Instead of making a hard decision you went home for the weekend leaving alot of people in limbo because you consider us thieves.
    1. The issue should've been resolved before I logged in.
    2.The issue should've been resolved before it prevented me from playing.
    If a plumber installs a sink and it leaks it is not the fault of the tenant when they use the sink. Especially when the plumber waits days to fix it.
    The only fix I see possible is to collect what's left from the glitch. Give the event rewards to those that haven't received them. And everyone move on.

• NO NAME verified Sep 16, 2019, 10:02 AM

Sure, but if your neighbour accidentally leaves their frontdoor open and you go in and take their stuff, you shouldn't really be surprised of any consequences when you get caught. There were posts about this problem here on moot, there was talk on the ingame channel so let's not pretend that nobody knew about it. Again, instead of whining about having to give back the stuff you got out of this bug, spare a thought for the poor guy(s)/gal(s) whose coding mistake caused all this. And blocking accounts as punishment for cheating is standard procedure in other games, so it's not as if the HoL devs have thought of a totally new and unusual punishment just for you.

• elkekeerweer LV.21 So Scary Sep 16, 2019, 08:43 PM

Oh please, comparing physical stuff to digital? If i could copy paste my own physical stuff I'd invite anyone to steal my stuff w/o calling the cops.

Not everyone is on moot/chat 24/7 and might found out to late.

'poor guy(s)/gal(s) whose coding mistake': This is a company you're talking about. If you buy (or spent on) a product and its faulty, you have the right to complain and get a refund. The company in question should hire additional staff to prevent this/no one is blaming the coders. Besides, selling faulty products Isn't good for your reputation.

As your last argument: Gamers have always and will always try to find the cheapest/easiest way to get ahead. This has been always true for every game out there.

• gamer249976807 LV.1 Mootie Sep 16, 2019, 11:28 AM

if you go in to see what's up and give the pet food and water is it burglary? I mean you did take what's not yours and gave it away.
    I think most of us that 'cheated' just finished the event which we would have done anyway. like the pets would have been fed anyway. I think most use auto 90% of the time. I login before the drive home from work, get home check events and dailies. I dont watch chat much. as for most, discord, FB, I mean seriously I should go on a social media escapade with everything that seems out of place? most terms of service state they can make changes to events at their discretion. I honestly thought they may have changed it to the john wick/Sophia style event. I save my points till the end then spend. realized it was limited the day before the glitch.
    But I'm not worried about my rollback me in terms of gains, it's the impact it will have on future business. Consumers won't patronize a business that, 1 indecisively takes action 2 takes time off before taking action, 3 punishing consumers for a problem that was the error of the business. Not to mention that this was an issue on the EU and SEA servers for 10 hours before I logged in. That shows either a complete lack of oversight or complete lack of investment. Even if nothing is done, I may stop playing. I doubt I'll buy repeat packs, etc. again which is one big bonus to mobile games. I can't stare at my phone the entire time, auto is awesome.
    Most games I've played shutdown the whole server when events go wrong like this. Best policy imo. Prevents this type of nonsense. We argue while everything remains unclear. To let a bugged continue for that long and to punish players days later that may or may not have knowingly exploited it is very unusual.

Home