Team Moot verified Admin
Nov 21, 2020, 06:18 AM 1,299 read

The Daily Moot: PlayStation Game Pass?

News Picks

1. PlayStation Game Pass?

Moot: News Picks - The Daily Moot: PlayStation Game Pass? image 2

It looks like PlayStation may soon be getting a game pass of its own. This information comes via Sony CEO Jim Ryan who says there is “news to come” regarding a PlayStation response to the Xbox Game Pass. The Xbox Game Pass, which now offers many highly-anticipated games on day one, has been incredibly successful for Microsoft and nearly 75% of Xbox Series X/S owners are subscribed to the monthly service. While Sony does have its robust PlayStation Now service, PlayStation Now is more centered around older titles rather than new releases. It's unclear if Sony is intending to make the PlayStation Game Pass a standalone service or an expansion of PlayStation Now, and although Jim Ryan said there is “news to come,” he didn’t exactly say when that news would be arriving. Regardless, the prospect of a PlayStation Game Pass is certainly something to look forward to for the many PlayStation fans who have been eyeing the Xbox Game Pass with envy.

2. Last of Us TV Show   The long-rumored TV show based on The Last of Us is finally happening. HBO announced today that they have officially ordered a new “The Last of Us” TV series and confirmed that creative director Neil Druckmann and Chernobyl writer Craig Mazin would both be working on the project. There’s no target release date yet, which makes sense considering that everything is still very early in production, but HBO says that the show will air on both the HBO channel and HBO Max once it arrives.

3. GTA Online: Cayo Perico Heist   GTA Online will soon be getting a brand new heist. Called the Cayo Perico Heist, the new adventure will take players to the sunny shores of a remote island compound run by “the world’s most notorious drug dealer.” Along with the heist itself, the update will also introduce a handful of other new content to the game such as weapons, vehicles, social spaces, and radio stations. The Cayo Perico Heist is set to arrive on December 15; you can check out the trailer for the heist below.

4. Project 007   IO Interactive, the studio behind the acclaimed Hitman series, has announced that they are working on a new James Bond game codenamed Project 007. Although very few details about the unnamed project have been released yet, IO Interactive says that the game will feature a “wholly original Bond story” where players will “step into the shoes of the world's favourite Secret Agent to earn their 00 status in the very first James Bond origin story.” While this news is certainly exciting for 007 fans, it will likely be quite some time before the game is released as it appears the project is still in early development. You can check out the teaser trailer for Project 007 below.

5. The Big House 10 Canceled   The Big House 10 Super Smash Bros. tournament has been cancelled. The Big House is one of the longest-running annual Smash tournaments in the world and has been held every single year since 2011, but Nintendo of America has now issued a cease-and-desist order causing the cancellation of this year’s event. This is largely because The Big House, which is normally an in-person event, had to move online this year because of the pandemic. According to Nintendo, the tournament’s shift to online “requires use of illegally copied versions of the game in conjunction with a mod called “Slippi” during the online event,” neither of which are approved by Nintendo. In their statement, The Big House said that they were “heartbroken” by the news but “forced to comply with the order.”

Comment 37

• DemureUniform4 LV.17 Join my group! Nov 21, 2020, 06:20 AM

playstation technically already has a game pass already called playstation now

• NotWheaty LV.20 Carry Me Nov 21, 2020, 09:12 AM

It’s not as good as game pass though

• FDAL00709 LV.21 Team Player Nov 21, 2020, 09:38 AM

I disagree. Right now ps now is getting a lot of love and has some great games. It will however be worse once xbox puts their new exclusives in game pass. For more than obvious reasons

• Cow Boy Billy LV.29 Billy Nov 21, 2020, 06:21 AM

Nintendo needs to get there head out of there asses and get into the real world. The Big House 10 being canceled is absolutely bogus

• Godblast7123 LV.7 JUST SEND IT Nov 21, 2020, 09:17 AM

wdym

• Cow Boy Billy LV.29 Billy Nov 21, 2020, 09:19 AM

Listen to this man
    https://youtu.be/dOKF9t-hfEw
    18+ WARNING

• Rexamidalion LV.8 Mobile Nov 21, 2020, 09:35 AM

Should have given an 18+ warning for the little kids out here

• Cow Boy Billy LV.29 Billy Nov 21, 2020, 09:38 AM

Ahh shit forgot

• Godblast7123 LV.7 JUST SEND IT Nov 21, 2020, 09:54 AM

I see now

• ObliviousRex verified LV.36 Assassin Nov 21, 2020, 06:41 AM

PlayStation getting a version of Game Pass? That is a damn smart move... but what took them so long? Game Pass has long been one of the best possible innovations for Xbox.

• Moc 2 YT LV.20 S Nov 21, 2020, 06:22 AM

look ima just tip some coins cuz im too lazy to read that srry (LMAO) XD

• Yorpasores Rex LV.30 Rootin Tootin Nov 21, 2020, 12:52 PM

my guy this is literally team fucking moot

• STORMBREAKER24 LV.2 Lurker Nov 21, 2020, 08:51 PM

It looks like a lot of people didn't read the entire article.

• ♡XxAnime_demonxX♡ LV.27 Rare Candy Nov 21, 2020, 06:19 AM

hmm

• FDAL00709 LV.21 Team Player Nov 21, 2020, 06:35 AM

Yeah it already has something of the sort. Its called ps now guys, it serves both for playing ps3 games (almost all of the good ones are there) and to be a Competitor to game pass as seen by how sony has been bringing great games to the services. If they expand it even further its going to be awesome

• Mathfailure1212 LV.19 Pokémon Master Nov 21, 2020, 06:36 AM

A new GTA heist? Keep it coming Rockstar 😍

• XxAPEHXE¥ LV.11 You're a Bot Nov 21, 2020, 09:03 AM

We already got psnow

• 4KT_ LV.16 I'm a Bot Nov 21, 2020, 09:08 AM

If they make a game pass I’m switched Nintendo

• Killy LV.20 I’m the champion! Nov 21, 2020, 09:08 AM

PlayStation now getting a revamp pretty much and just adding more games since it’s mostly ps3 games in there

• Gear On YT LV.11 Game Critic Nov 21, 2020, 09:11 AM

never heard of playstation now?

• Xethriel LV.20 Assassin Nov 21, 2020, 09:15 AM

Last of us. lol.

• OG_Void LV.21 Shotcaller Nov 21, 2020, 09:17 AM

But why? We get free games every month. And there is discounts almost everyday so what's the point of a PS GamePass?

• I Found Nemo X LV.17 PlayStation Nov 21, 2020, 09:18 AM

no

Home