Gramamanamanees LV.19 Sage
Jul 15, 2020, 11:40 PM 459 read

Revisiting Eshu

BUGS & REPORT

Hey!   A while back i made a post reporting Eshu as not working correctly here:   https://moot.us/lounges/73/boards/1249/posts/3281108/eshu-ability-question

I was informed that people were looking into it but never heard if this was intended or not.   To recap the problem:   " This was asked a while ago but wasn't really answered. Eshu's debuff barrier has different phrasing, a different icon, and even specific text referring to it as a "seperate shield" however when applied it overwrites regular barriers (dana, mars, etc.)   Was this ability intended to function like this or should these barriers stack? Photo for reference."

DESTINY CHILD: BUGS & REPORT - Revisiting Eshu image 8

Video proof: https://youtu.be/3I3_TbKIlVI

https://vimeo.com/410439812   Some clarity would be appreciated!

Comment 8

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Jul 16, 2020, 01:41 AM

Where are those mooters that post their KR/JP announcements and stuff to brag and to spoil news to global players?
    Could actually test Eshu there and tell us if it works any differently.

• Kharl LV.24 Wizard Jul 16, 2020, 02:00 AM

Eshu has been reskilled for Global. She now has a unique skill set completely different from other servers.

• Danbo de Piano LV.27 Bamboozled Jul 15, 2020, 11:57 PM

Post edit
    My reply was badly worded , I was saying I didn't interpret that these were supposed to run at the same time a normal barrier stacking w debuff barrier , I was trying to say I when running alone, should not have used independent , that was the wrong term , should said , running alone , as I took it as , you have a debuff barrier or a physical

So with a mixed team and tanks or support or healer running std barrier , you can have water units shielded against defbuffs , and non water with std only barrier

Which is the advantage ,you can skill up the debuff barrier to provide more protection than a regular dmg barrIer and selectively protect water against debuff dmg and others vs all attacks but If debuff barrier is bigger overall the shield can last longer and it doesn't get eroded by physical hits

Old reply

not sure what you mean she's always worked for me , the debuff barrier takes dmg from defbuffs independent of the normal dmg barrier she receives fro my other child I believe , I am not quite sure what was claimed was broken or what is being followed up w this post , I have her plus 6 and Skilling up w onyx so I'm interested since she's a focus child of mine (I'm sharing her too )

• Gramamanamanees LV.19 Sage Jul 16, 2020, 12:01 AM

the barriers aren't independent though. You can see in the videos that the buffs overwrite eachother.

• muymanwell LV.12 Chief Jul 16, 2020, 12:02 AM

from OP's post:

"Eshu's debuff barrier has different phrasing, a different icon, and even specific text referring to it as a "seperate shield" however when applied it overwrites regular barriers (dana, mars, etc.)"

so, when she activates her barrier onto other units in your team, it removes the barrier that was already in place from, say, mars or dana. This has been shown to happen repeatedly.

• Danbo de Piano LV.27 Bamboozled Jul 16, 2020, 12:09 AM

oh ok, I thought people were asking if it added to total barrier so both take dmg at the same time , I was seeing it work by itself , so activation w debuff, no effect from physical ie auto skill atk, I should have proofed and better worded
    I see them running independent, that is alone , either you have debuff barrier or you have physical attack barrier but not both
    and I thought that's how it is supposed to work since I don't think game allows two barrier of any kind to activate
    like some other attack augment boosts won't both run at same time , one or the other

Edit noted to my old reply

• Gramamanamanees LV.19 Sage Jul 16, 2020, 03:23 AM

For every other buff in the game, it treats them like: Unique Icon > Stacks with similar abilities

Same Icon > Replaces Buff with the same icon.

This barrier and Dana/mars barrier are the ONLY buffs in the game that do not share an icon and do not stack. I wanted the developers to clarify whether or not this is intentional.

• Danbo de Piano LV.27 Bamboozled Jul 16, 2020, 12:25 AM

made better post clarification to my reply
    also I don't see it as a bug ,I see it working in a particular way ie a non water unit can have std barrier and water ally can have debuff barrier that isn't erroded w physical attack

Home