HaloGod3330 LV.14 Chief
Mar 13, 2021, 06:50 AM 533 read

Spam?

BUGS & REPORT

Whats with the random spam posts lately. Theres been 3 in just a day or two. Cant a mod delete them? They all have links that are probably dangerous.

Comment 7

• Rooksillmane LV.8 Nomad Mar 13, 2021, 06:58 AM

spam bots are hitting up the remaining lounges on moot it seems after poking my head in a few spamming gift cards and other crap

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Mar 13, 2021, 02:15 PM

They were already doing that. But more commonly on the most popular lounges for a higher chance to bait someone. But since the most popular lounges are now the few remaining ones...

• Sir Shortcut LV.16 Sage Mar 13, 2021, 09:42 AM

to be safe don't tap the link... try your best to ignore it

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Mar 13, 2021, 06:09 PM

There has once been an off-topic frontal nudity spam post back when moot wasn't even planned for circumcising. Said post hadn't been deleted, despite the reports. It had to sink down with time just like any other post.
    I think I've rated moot with 2 stars in google play. Time to change it to 1.

I wonder if the chinese section fares better. It had enough people to outfactor the english side in certain event polls, after all.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Mar 13, 2021, 09:08 PM

Moot is dying piece by piece, moderators and admin can’t solve it as before probably... and we can’t do nothing about it.

I don’t like this trend as well, but it is what it is now.

As other are saying, just ignore them or dislike them or report them, hopefully some of them will be removed.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 15, 2021, 03:06 AM

They can ban them.

The spammer is most likely using some script to post once or twice a day across several sites. They won't know they were banned until they check up on their progress.

Of course the spammer can create a new account with a new ip address, but they can be banned again. With that in mind the spammer will have to create a new email address for every time they create a new account, which starts to get ridiculous having to do that countless times.

As for now, It doesn't seem like the mods even know or understand what's happening.

• CM Shift LV.17 Staff Mar 15, 2021, 08:56 AM

Hi, HaloGod3330. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will be handling the spam posts in our Moot Lounge. As a safety precaution, we strongly suggest that you do not click any link that the spammers are posting.

Home