ILYB LV.3 Lurker
Apr 4, 2019, 08:04 PM 1,118 read

PVP meta

FORUM

I just want to complain about pvp meta problem. English is not my mother tongue, so sorry for my grammar or something else. Hope you can understand it. As you guys know, pvp now has a lots of same team. I want to try another child, but the onyx is a big problem. Another problem is a character, game keeps release new child but the time I can get them is too short. Even the first event child didn't add to card pool, new childs is hard to get and the risk of level up a new child is to high if it doesn't useful(especially cost of onyx),that why people only use those character to play but they are pretty strong though. I assume you all know which characters I am talking about cuz I don't know the eng name of it. I don't have a problem on climbing rank but the meta is get boring when I need to beat the same team many times. Thank for reading this. It just my little opinions to this game.

Comment 36

• NO NAME verified Apr 4, 2019, 08:22 PM

Meta gets boring in any game, not only DC. I play magic the gathering arena, a card game, and all decks are the same. I used to play Diablo 3 seven months ago and all meta groups were the same. When I played Wow, every week was the same, go there, do the same bosses over and over for months and wait until next Tuesday for the reset so you can do all over gain.
    That's just how games work, I guess =/

• ILYB LV.3 Lurker Apr 4, 2019, 08:32 PM

Sound sad, but I play lots of games too. I know the meta will get boring anyway but the changing in this game is just slow. Even can say the meta actually didn't change in past months. Need some new stuffs or just reduse cost of onyx. Just hope this game can be better :)

• NO NAME verified Apr 4, 2019, 10:15 PM

Yeah. I love DC, I love to login everyday and do my dailies, evolve my characters, but I'm not a big fan of Devil Rumble. Last week I Finished at rank 70ish because of Rumble Challenge but it was boring and annoying af. From now on I do 15 fights per day until Saturday and 10 fights on Sunday, that way I end at 100 matches, the required for Plat V, and I'm ok with that. Not worth risking my sanity because of 3k crystals (even less if you have to spend crystals for tickets)

• NO NAME verified Apr 4, 2019, 10:23 PM

That’s not how “well-designed” games work. Maybe some gacha and MMO, but it’s clear DC has some flaws.

• NO NAME verified Apr 4, 2019, 10:42 PM

Wow is one of the best MMORPGs out there, at least it was for more than one decade, and still works like this. Very well succeeded games are like this. All games become boring and repetitive at some point. Is there a game you have been playing for consecutive 15 years? :P

• NO NAME verified Apr 4, 2019, 10:43 PM

I’m only 14, so no

• NO NAME verified Apr 4, 2019, 10:47 PM

HAHAHAHAHA

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 4, 2019, 11:25 PM

New awaken child story found( ̄▽ ̄)

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 4, 2019, 10:04 PM

I suppose you mean this?
    Or maybe replace someone with Jupiter or Moa hahaha.
    I am not using the meta team, but unfortunately just like u say, it cost too much onyx to try a new team, the team I used have been like 3 months.
    I am trying to put Metis on it cuz I believe that will work, and this idea jumped like month ago, and I still don’t have a chance to do so because all my onyxes are charged by WB, feels bad man.

• ILYB LV.3 Lurker Apr 4, 2019, 10:19 PM

Oh god! That is exactly how I feel now. I want to try something new but with +4+5+6 childs. I cant afford to put too much onyx on it otherwise I maybe can't keep up with WB.

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 4, 2019, 10:20 PM

WB then Ragna then something else and blah blah, always lacking onyx!!

• Reika Mae LV.34 Dragon Apr 4, 2019, 10:28 PM

Here are my meta counters I have fun using

• ILYB LV.3 Lurker Apr 4, 2019, 10:35 PM

Thanks for sharing!! But I am not a big fan of FT types team.

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 4, 2019, 10:47 PM

Seriously, FT time team work very reliable and can against lots of RNG moment.
    Ps: I feel I posted this pic so much but forgive me it is just somekind evidence XD?

• ILYB LV.3 Lurker Apr 4, 2019, 10:54 PM

I know is great team but need time to beats enemy.
    When I think about need hundred match to stick on plat 5 I just can't into it. I have do the same thing like you but just 100 match than I feel so embarrassed to post that pic haha.

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 4, 2019, 10:56 PM

That’s why 3x mode save the day!
    Now a fight less than 1min, while it was like 1.5-2mins.

• NO NAME verified Apr 4, 2019, 10:42 PM

LiAnGChoU currently uses the same lineup, except all +6 because

• Reika Mae LV.34 Dragon Apr 4, 2019, 09:09 PM

I dont use full meta teams, but I'm still comfortably on plat 5, learn the game and don't play Meta

• ILYB LV.3 Lurker Apr 4, 2019, 09:43 PM

I know there are guys like you don't play meta teams but still on plat 5, but people like you are to few.
    I had tried to use others team and pick certain enemy to win match on plat 5. Since last time PVP pickup I didn't have much choice to pick a team, that is what I complain about.

Now I use meta cuz is ez to win, I can randomly pick a guy and win by auto skill.

I think a health PVP system should be like rock-paper-scissors, now I just have a 🔨 and barely lose. Sound weird to say that but this is how I feel now.

• Reika Mae LV.34 Dragon Apr 4, 2019, 09:55 PM

sounds like a whale team, DC isn't so big so whales normally hit the wall pretty quick

• ILYB LV.3 Lurker Apr 4, 2019, 10:11 PM

Hope it happen, I think the game give many gems to players. If you play enough time it is not difficult to get a great meta team in this game, that is why I love play DC. Anyway thanks your comment

• Kayserend LV.6 Nomad Apr 4, 2019, 10:07 PM

I think that to chake the meta we need 2 things:
    A reliable way to nullify poison and hard cc, a more reliable crit build, and something that can hard counter Chang'e. That way, even if you still use a meta team like we have now, you would have to change to a different team if you want to win against a counter, thus at least making you have around 10 childs to high end pvp.

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 4, 2019, 10:15 PM

I believe by using the wood team
    G change, Brownie, Midas,Krampus, Soren and Epona so on can counter the meta team such as Eve Olga and Change, but one most important cost is onyx, u don’t have enough onyx to try new build and test what may work.
    I was trying to build a fire bleeding team since I guess Brownie may change the meta, and I was wrong, ppl still using Olga and blah blah, probably because lack onyx, or probably they don’t pull much from that banner.

• Kayserend LV.6 Nomad Apr 4, 2019, 10:20 PM

Well, I only got one brownie, maybe we need to give it time until people have enough onyx to make alternative teams. Maybe if there's a water ragna or something people will invest more in green teams

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 4, 2019, 10:26 PM

Do need a water Ragna so ppl will invest on green, just like when fire Ragna came, Devil Rumble showed up many Snow Princess Miku, but unfortunately that prove not working, ppl need incentive to invest.

• Kayserend LV.6 Nomad Apr 4, 2019, 10:40 PM

There's this other problem: all the meta childs are in the gold gacha pool, making them relatively easy to obtain compared with other premium childs. I'm not saying they should be only on limited banners, but that some other strong childs like brownie or Charlotte could be in gold summon, because even if they are strong, a +1 Charlotte won't be as useful as a +4 or +5 eve.

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 4, 2019, 10:44 PM

Totally agree, Charlotte counters Dana, but there are very few ppl got high cap Charlotte from the banner so that no longer a problem to meta team.
    Besides, child like Eve Olga and Change, they not only could be pulled from gold pools, but their banners show up so often, just like this time; it the third or fourth that Eve join.

• ILYB LV.3 Lurker Apr 4, 2019, 10:44 PM

ohh! you mentioned that. I read slowy and type slowy haha.

• Kayserend LV.6 Nomad Apr 4, 2019, 11:05 PM

ILYB  Jaja np. By the way, nice profile picture xD

• ILYB LV.3 Lurker Apr 4, 2019, 11:08 PM

Kayserend  I love it too. just uploaded when I finish this post.
    here is the artist many great work in there
    DIA♦OND | ₩ANKE #pixiv https://www.pixiv.net/member_illust.php?illust_id=72629798&mode=medium

• ILYB LV.3 Lurker Apr 4, 2019, 10:41 PM

I only got one too. That why I mentioned about the time we can get child is too short.+0 Brownie is still hard to compete with +6 Olga or Eve.

• Kayserend LV.6 Nomad Apr 4, 2019, 11:08 PM

I know is out of topic but... Is that eve in your profile picture? <3<3<3

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 4, 2019, 11:09 PM

Yes, Soul Karta from KR version, the name should be The Girl of Blue.

• Xenomorphosis LV.15 Big Chungus Apr 5, 2019, 04:34 PM

This is my PvP team! Have a pretty good success rate (roughly >90%) of nuking through the meta team. It does rely on the RNG of the crits but Melo is maxed and more often than not, I dissolve enemy team before their first drive!

Home