JokerOfAllTrades LV.20 Epic
Apr 24, 2019, 10:29 PM 1,595 read

Unpopular Opinion: Ignore the Banner(s)

FORUM

Background: Free to Play, having spent no IRL money, started playing half way through Ragna Season 0, min-maxer, non-collector.   I have been playing this game for a decent amount of time. Every time someone complains about an event being different from the other counterparts (KR/JP), I am always quick to defend the generosity of daily crystal farming and the overall higher rate of 5* compared to the other versions. That being said, this upcoming banner (if it is split) is terrible.   From a player perspective, we feel betrayed. Even accounting for the increased premium currency income, this does not offset the abysmal rates of getting the new Childs.   From a business perspective, this is financially unfeasible as well. What makes freemium a possible business model, is customer equity (players staying in the game). With events like this one turning players away, DC not only loses out on players spending on this banner, but also on all future purchases those players may have made. DC, like any company, is metrics driven. If players do not pull on these banner(s) and do not spend IRL money during the time this banner is out, it will show up in their analytics. These analytics "should" drive future content. (source: I have an MBA).   All that being said, this event is pretty lackluster from my personal viewpoint. The characters available through the banner are relatively low tier, with better alternatives available in the standard lineup. Additionally, they do not match the games general aesthetic and art style. From the min-maxer, non-collector, side of things, my advice would be to just ignore this banner. Save your crystals for better tiered, more efficient childs, and carry-on. This content is entirely optional, and personally, I appreciate having a narrative to work on between Ragna's and World Bosses.   TLDR; Ignore The Banner; Childs are subpar, not spending teaches DC to make better banners

Comment 13

• Reika Mae LV.34 Dragon Apr 24, 2019, 10:33 PM

It's not about who is in the banner, it's the way they are running them. Everyone. Has. Their. Own. Banner

What if it was Chang'e, Dana and Maat? And they were limited meaning one time appearance only, would you have commented the same?

Again, we are not fighting for who is in it but the way they are delivering it, although you may have mentioned this on your post but it got shadowed quickly by the mention of tiers.

• JokerOfAllTrades LV.20 Epic Apr 24, 2019, 10:35 PM

I agree, the implementation is terrible. The only way for DC to learn is by not spending IRL money while the banner is available. With them being a corporation, profits drive decision making. Ignoring the banner(s) will hopefully force them to make better banners in the future.

• Reika Mae LV.34 Dragon Apr 24, 2019, 10:38 PM

Pretty sure many have already stopped pulling on Brownie, Liberated Maat, Dark Buster Lisa and even Calypso who had the same model.

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 24, 2019, 11:29 PM

Not enough ppl are doing that way, specifically, the narrative dungeon is designed to make you want to spend no matter crystals or even bucks to gain, the developer found out that worked, and doing the same way but detonate this time.

• Zenneth (Sephiria) LV.19 Sage Apr 24, 2019, 11:17 PM

i will be OK if we can obtain at least 1 copy from events.. At least for collection and or for future halls of rebirth or w/e is called on jp/kr that will allow us to roll for extra copies.

As it is right now ... it is not fun at all. The low % rate to get one and combining this with multple banners it seems like impossible to draw them at all.

Not to mention that they want us to buy their stupid loot boxes for a very very low % rate to obtain the childs.....

Imo this will make people start to stop paying and or playing the game. I am one of those players that used to buy season 1,2,3,4 devil pass and now i have stopped even buying the monthly package... Wish there was a moderator to moderate better this situation and gather our feedback so the devs can act accordinly.

• NO NAME verified Apr 24, 2019, 11:30 PM

• Kirima Saimyou LV.13 Chief Apr 24, 2019, 10:43 PM

I think if someone can contact to all leviathan, tell them to stop spending on DC for now, it will be most effective for decision making. this kind of BS is EA level :(

• 300HP LV.6 Nomad Apr 24, 2019, 10:49 PM

Hi fellow MBA, I largely agree with what you said in the post. I, however, invite all players to voice themselves and stop purchasing. This will send a clearer signal to devs that we are not happy, not just with what is IN the banner, but HOW the banner is designed, in case their analysis misjudge our reaction to boycott the banner due to the unpopularity of the content itself.

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Apr 24, 2019, 11:25 PM

Many ppl like me purchasing only DP, this is also the only thing I can affect their decision making, I follow the boycott, and it need to be huge amount ppl to do the same to make the change.
    Pessimistically, one whale’s spent can cover all the lost=(

• Reika Mae LV.34 Dragon Apr 24, 2019, 10:51 PM

I do hope you send it via mail to them

• ReddlsRow LV.13 Chief Apr 24, 2019, 11:45 PM

and now in the future when actually good cards come in?
    like street fighter or DOA cards?

you cannot use them in pvp bcause you cannot max them out because you have to spent thousands of money to get them.

ofc there rich people out there...

• Impaler/Asmodeus LV.7 Nomad Apr 25, 2019, 02:40 AM

I am a new player and this is the most f2p friendly gacha game I touched. I only have a bit of a problem with onyx and uncapping since gacha rates are low and my luck sucks. But not a big deal imo. That being said, every couple of days I have to delete some of in game friends because of inactivity. I do not know the reason for their inactivity but if they are dropping game completely, that would trigger the alarm if I was a dev. I am pretty sure I am not the only one deleting in game friend because of inactivity.

Also, I think in game prices are terrible. Too high. I can only justify purchase of monthly package since you get 6K gems and 6K energy for 8 bucks. Other ones imo are just too high. Only maybe devil pass, but only if you want to support the devs. I am f2p player, but I like to support the devs every month if I think their game is good and that they deserve it because of how they treat their customers. That being said, I personally do not like some of their moves lately and I agree with OP on this one.

Also, since this is pretty good f2p friendly gacha game, I think it should stay this way but that they should change this politic with banners to make it more customer friendly. Maybe lowering some of their in game prices and releasing new content more often can also be a good move. Also decreasing the time between events. There is no reason for Demon Fiesta and other events to last that long imo. Releasing new content more often and new childs to keep the supply and demand going, while treating your customers fairly and earning profit.

• Zenneth (Sephiria) LV.19 Sage Apr 25, 2019, 04:15 AM

don't delete ur friends pal... If you going to delete them make sure u track them if they send coins.... The game has a lazy ass system that only track when the person enter the game that time sadly and not checking at regular standards like every 3-4 hours or so....

Home