Ikamushi LV.14 Chief
May 2, 2019, 01:42 AM 1,561 read

How much better is Dana opposed Mars

FORUM

Hard to let go of Mars when she was my soul savior who came to save me from my defenderless options... She's +3 and with Chang'e leader bonus she gets better cooldowns. I seem to do extremely well with her.. Don't really want to switch from the first love of my life but it would also good to know what makes her so great, Dana that is.

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - How much better is Dana opposed Mars image 2
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - How much better is Dana opposed Mars image 3

Comment 35

• No Lewd For Loli! LV.17 Sage May 2, 2019, 01:55 AM

I like Mars cuz she doesn't like wearing pants...

• JokerOfAllTrades LV.20 Epic May 2, 2019, 01:56 AM

Name doesn't check out...

• No Lewd For Loli! LV.17 Sage May 2, 2019, 02:03 AM

She is 18...

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 2, 2019, 01:59 AM

Ahha pants weigh her down.. Her power increases when she takes them off.. But Dana don't wear pants either...

• No Lewd For Loli! LV.17 Sage May 2, 2019, 02:02 AM

An she has gatling guns...

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 2, 2019, 02:10 AM

Eyyyyyy.. And she carries them like they are leaf blowers.. I probably be a flower in her arms lol

• No Lewd For Loli! LV.17 Sage May 2, 2019, 02:20 AM

Reminds me of spongebob lol...

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 2, 2019, 02:20 AM

Haha true XD

• JokerOfAllTrades LV.20 Epic May 2, 2019, 01:52 AM

They are pretty close. The differences:

Dana:
    Better base damage (not relevant)
    Better Slide: Larger barrier
    Better Drive: Larger drive defense

Mars:
    Better survivability: base tap has vampire for self
    Slide: Smaller barrier, but with HP Regen

TLDR; Dana will be overall better, but Mars is still definitely high tier.

Sources:
    http://gdestiny.us-east-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/childs/5stars/dana
    http://gdestiny.us-east-2.elasticbeanstalk.com/childs/5stars/mars

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 2, 2019, 02:07 AM

Thank you! For the links too.. Hmm well I'll definitely stick to my first love Mars.. She does her job pretty darn well.. Actually I remembered something.. Dana seems to use her tap a lot more on auto versus Mars almost doesn't in. In my Japanese account I remember losing a lot of games due to that.

• Vorcan LV.6 Nomad May 2, 2019, 06:00 PM

If Dana has a debuff on her, she will tend to use the tap in order to remove it.

• Daadddy LV.14 Insomniac May 2, 2019, 01:54 AM

Mars is pretty sweet to be honest. But I think the thing about Dana is that the barrier amount she gives is higher than mars at each uncap. Also the %based def bonus to allies is really useful in all content (dungeons, pvp, ragna etc.) whereas mars only applies a regen buff to herself. Mars is still great in WB though, so it's good that you've invested in her imo.

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 2, 2019, 02:04 AM

Seems like I can most certainly stick with my first love.. Ill make Dana my mistress who I every now and then cheat on

• LemonDr0p LV.21 Dragon May 2, 2019, 01:54 AM

Mars gives all your children a shield on WB but I still think Dana is stronger.

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 2, 2019, 02:02 AM

Hmm ๐Ÿค” well only time will tell when I try them both

• NO NAME verified May 2, 2019, 02:10 AM

Dana not only gives a stronger barrier than Mars, but she also increases all ally defense by an absurd 35% which increases with every uncap. That makes her shields even more advantageous to Mars as shielded allies take less damage due to the defense buff.

Mars is a great child and is among the best in game for World Boss, but Dana is OP.

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 2, 2019, 02:20 AM

Hmm that makes me think.. Is that why I do so little damage at times when I Drive? For now Mars doesn't let me down so I suppose I'll keep investing into her as well as Dana for backup

• NO NAME verified May 2, 2019, 02:23 AM

Yes, that is probably why. If you drive within 15 seconds of an opponentโ€™s Dana drive, she also lowers drive damage by 30% which noticeably handicaps drive damage.

You should continue to invest in both. Dana for PVP and Mars for World Boss.

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 2, 2019, 02:35 AM

Okies thanks for clarifying that for me.. When I start losing in PVP I keep my mistress Dana around to protect me

• No Lewd For Loli! LV.17 Sage May 2, 2019, 02:25 AM

They are both very good tank. Top teir! Dana is a little better but I don't have Dana and Mars was 1 of my first 5 * an she helped me get eve from last raid event so I love her for that c:

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 2, 2019, 02:36 AM

Same... I was struggling with PVP until I pulled Mars.. Now it is a breeze unless it's a Thanatos with Eve.. Lol

• No Lewd For Loli! LV.17 Sage May 2, 2019, 02:41 AM

Yea she is very good for pvp and pve! I breeze straight to silver rank an now I'm hard stuck in silver but I will take it since I just started playing an only have 1 6 * an not many uncaps...

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 2, 2019, 02:48 AM

Ohhh ok.. I am still silver not because I lose a lot but because I cant commit to playing 40 matches or 45 even.. XD so I dropp and go up and drop again lol

• No Lewd For Loli! LV.17 Sage May 2, 2019, 02:56 AM

Ikamushiย  Once I 6* more childs I should easily get to gold

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 2, 2019, 06:54 AM

No Lewd For Loli!ย  Yeah of course good luck!

• Impaler/Asmodeus LV.7 Nomad May 2, 2019, 02:41 AM

Dana seems like a better unit in overall PVE. She really increases survivability of your team better than Mars. Mars is still great tho. Mars however seems like must in WB since she gives barrier to all your allies. Dana also works better in PVP. It also seems to me like Dana, Maat and Leda are pretty good combo in PVE. Didn't tested it much yet but right now it seems like a good combo to me.

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 3, 2019, 01:02 AM

Ohh that combo is good.. Ill keep investing in Dana for sure but Mars will still be my first love ๐Ÿ˜

• Xenomorphosis LV.15 Big Chungus May 2, 2019, 03:24 AM

I've never had a Dana, but Mars I've managed to get a few uncaps and she's not let me down! I Use her in my squad in PvP - the Synergy with Chang'e and blue is a good plus.

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 3, 2019, 01:05 AM

Same I definitely notice the difference in PVE but it's hard to in PVP when too many factors.. Overall I like both a lot.. Love Mars synergy with Chang'e.. I don't really light teams all that much.

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy May 2, 2019, 09:02 PM

*reads through posts
    Hummmm I may have to switch it up. My Mars is +4 but my Dana is only +1. Both are 6* and max skill.

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 3, 2019, 01:19 AM

I know in general Dana is better but I was wondering if offensively Mars is better since with Chang'e she taps insanely fast and shields more frequently.. Dana feels slow but my team does take less damage.. I'm not really sure since only one person mentioned Chang'e synergy with Mars. I suppose on teams I get nuked Dana will be better is what I came in conclusion with.

• Ivy Felissa LV.24 Genius May 3, 2019, 12:34 AM

Dana +1 equals to mars +3 shield strength
    But dana also gives extra def which is better than mars, but mars is perfect for wb since she covers shield for all allies, while dana only covers 5

Even now after i got dana (i got mars first) i still use mars coz she benefits from change's leader skill

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 3, 2019, 01:26 AM

In world boss I just use both lol but most of my uncertainty was from benefits of using a water opposed to just more defence. Dana feels slow compared to Mars.. I reach fever a lot faster when she taps and shields so frequently. Offensively Mars feel better but I wasn't sure if it made a world of difference.. But I'll just keep expiramenting for now.

• Witzy LV.5 Lurker May 2, 2019, 01:13 PM

I think it is depend on how you use it.. on PvP clearly Dana is stronger and more useful..

But on world boss, Mars is a Must! โค๏ธ

• Ikamushi LV.14 Chief May 3, 2019, 01:09 AM

I don't feel a huge difference in PVP.. Most of the time I lose is to fever and not being nuked.. Which is why I don't see any reason to switch yet.

Home