NO NAME verified
Jul 5, 2019, 12:08 AM 1,533 read

World Boss poll

FORUM

Poll Closed 73 Voted

Are you properly prepared for World Boss?

• Yes 23
  • No 50

So I have +6 for both WB staples Mars and Naias (yay!) but haven’t touched their skills since last WB so they are only upgraded through +2 (boo!). Of my light attackers, none of my Bastet +4, Charlotte +3, Cleopatra +3, Mafdet +1, or any of the 4*+5 have received a single drop of onyx investment. Despite almost 8 months of doing all Lisa’s tasks every day, all Devil Rumble missions every day, hard underground every day, and only using onyx when an event dictates it necessary, I currently have just 200k onyx and am literally MILLIONS short for WB. This doesn’t even touch any new childs that will be released, and I was a multiple devil pass purchaser. In the 3 months since last WB, I feel nothing has changed in terms of onyx distribution and skill upgrade costs (which was changed drastically for global compared to KR/JP). How will this WB result be any different than the last? Am I alone in this or is everyone else feeling the same perpetual onyx squeeze?

Comment 35

• SehatDanKuat LV.21 S Jul 5, 2019, 12:14 AM

N for vote.. didn't have enough Onyx... All wasted to Build & Maximum Wood Element Hero..

• Farron LV.24 Dragon Jul 5, 2019, 12:46 AM

I have been fairly liberal with my onyx usage, but I currently have over 100k. There are times when I started to run out of onyx, but I feel like it builds back up in a few days. I have been just kinda building up whatever the game gives me. But I wouldn't say no to more onyx if they wanted to give it

• BroknSwrd LV.15 Outlaw Jul 5, 2019, 01:03 AM

With each WB we get more and more prepared. We don't have to be in tip top shape. I feel better about this one, though I haven't been spending much onyx lately so I have an alright stockpile. I'll just use it selectively when the WB is announced and do okay for it. That being said I've been playing from day 1 and have built up a lot since then. For newer players WB is extremely tough for sure. But they can let the vets, whales, and cheaters do most of the work.

• NO NAME verified Jul 5, 2019, 01:48 AM

I understand and agree each WB “SHOULD” get easier as you use a lot of the same base childs. My concern is more about our first WB being more or less a total fiasco that required significant damage boosts the entire time just to clear. This despite WB being delayed (based on JP schedule) and the element being changed to accommodate the water meta. Global was still too weak because they changed skill upgrade requirements from KR/JP but never adjusted onyx distribution so most were woefully underpowered (by WB standards).

Since then, nothing has changed. Sure, many of my childs have grown since then, but I’m as onyx poor now as I was then, and unfortunately my light childs have taken a back seat to childs needed for other events. I do not feel I have wasted onyx or spent frivolously since my first week or two when I had no idea what I was doing.

I am not a mobile gamer, certainly not a “gacha” gamer, and not even an MMO gamer. That said, I have spent more time playing this game than any other and I’ve been gaming a looooooong time. I have also spent more money on this game than any other single copy, non-collector’s edition game by a large margin, and this game is neither collector’s edition nor even tangible.

I have been steadfastly loyal, diligent, and committed to grinding in this game every day for 8 months. If all of that time, effort, and real money investment still leaves me woefully unprepared for a major event, it’s way past time to assess what the hell I’m doing this for. I feel much like a dog chasing his own tail.

They could certainly surprise us as a different structure was hinted at. I’ll remain cautiously optimistic, but recent developments from Kemono Friends on have left me quite cynical. I can’t/won’t tolerate much more cash grabbing disappointment.

• BroknSwrd LV.15 Outlaw Jul 5, 2019, 02:16 AM

I agree with all of what you said.

I guess I just haven't gotten my hopes up and sort of wrote WB off. All WB makes me look forward to is more units. But I bet they'll have to help us again. I just hope they don't give awful rewards this time. Better rewards would make more people try harder.

And yeah, the Kemomo fiasco really smothered the Destiny Child fire. I still don't like to see those units.

I haven't had any issues since and have mostly gone back to normal (besides not spending any money since then), but today I'm feeling sour over feeling mislead concerning the blood gem banner.

• NO NAME verified Jul 5, 2019, 02:26 AM

Haha, thanks for saying that. I appreciate the support.

And I feel bad about the BG banner. I know we are responsible to look at the rates before purchasing anything in this game, but they absolutely presented it as 3 child banners like they were finally giving players an actual chance to obtain “semi-limited” childs. I have no doubt this is intentional, and they caught a lot of players off guard, not just you.

I get so angry when peeps talk about how “generous” this game is. Those people are either planted shills or way too overly optimistic about gacha bullshit. This “generous” game is looking to exploit players at every turn. I’m sorry they got you today 😕

• Kharl LV.24 Wizard Jul 6, 2019, 01:57 PM

KR and JP recently get a "renewed" WB format. I speculate that the hinted change to Global WB means they'll bring the renewed format to Global as well.

The major changes are:
    - Elimination of boss Levels and Phases. Every bosses have the same stats and skills.
    - On JP, they limit the usage of Trial Again to only once per boss, citing server load reduction as a reason for the change.
    - No break between bosses. But there will be one hour break for score compilation every days.
    - Elimination of ranking for each bosses. Daily ranking, determined by total damages done each day, is used instead. Seasonal ranking and reward structure remain unchanged.
    - You'll earn tokens from every fights.
    - Everyone, including those who didn't fight the bosses, will receive small rewards for every bosses killed. On JP, big rewards are given at 10th, 30th, 60th, and 90th bosses.
    - You'll receive daily reward cards after the daily break. The higher your daily rank, the better chance for you to receive better cards.
    - Those who didn't fight won't receive daily rewards for that particular day.
    - Better card has better chance, but doesn't guarantee, that you'll get good reward from it.
    - On JP, you'll get at least 3 reward cards (4 for those in top 3%) from daily reward with a chance to get up to 3 additional cards.
    - Since Phases are eliminated, everything in WB shop can be redeemed from the get-go. No more locks.

From what I've observed, these are the pros and cons of the new format:

>> Pros <<
    - You can fight whenever you like. No need to set an alarm for boss since every bosses are the same and ranking is no longer tied to each bosses.
    - Those in lower ranking now have more chance to get good rewards from daily rewards.
    - No need to prepare separate teams for low Lv. and high Lv. bosses.

>> Cons <<
    - Tokens earned are lower in general. You may not be able to clear the shop, even those in higher ranks.
    - Lower overall participation. There's not that much incentive to spam crystal to do ticket resets and kill a lot of bosses due to elimination of locks from WB shop. Also, the daily rewards for those in higher rank could be nothing but junks if they're unlucky.

IMO, this new format feels dull (though I got a lot more 5* childs and 5* cartas than before) and still need some tweaks, which could happen if they decide to use it in the upcoming WB on Global. So take my information with a grain of salt.

• NO NAME verified Jul 6, 2019, 08:44 PM

As always, thank you for your valuable contributions!

• MAD_MAX LV.17 Sage Jul 5, 2019, 06:25 AM

Awakening is already expensive. So it is to 6* a unit -- giving up 5x 5* childs.

It costs very little onyx for a +0 unit's skills. But when you get high uncaps, it gets ludacris expensive to build the skills, especially the Slide skill.

Meanwhile, rewards of onyx are too low in all events. Particularly Rebirth. You spend an hour fighting Rebirth and the rewards are like 300 onyx for 1,200 coins. WOW! 300? What ever will I do with ALL that onyx? Lol

• NO NAME verified Jul 5, 2019, 01:57 PM

What are you talking about? Your 5* characters will all have their auto attack pumped up from 1-1 to 1-4 with that 300 onyx.

With growth rates like that, surely even Line themselves will think you're using hacks!

• Thunderstrike LV.14 Chief Jul 5, 2019, 12:11 AM

The grind is really 👊👍

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jul 5, 2019, 12:13 AM

Pretty much. Preparing for a dark WB all those months ago is saving my behind right now, I tell ya. All I need is a weekend of Hot Time and my team is more or less finished. I do need to awaken the rest of Medb's ranks though and I will probably evolve Bastet to 6*.

The Onyx drought is nothing new unfortunately - I have basically given up at this point. Aside from my PvP team, everyone else gets their skills upgraded to Level 3 Rank 5 exactly. Beyond that I just can't afford it. Even then I cap out my PvP team at Level 5 Rank 5.

• Chris.Co LV.20 Team Player Jul 5, 2019, 12:41 AM

you are certainly not alone....i feel as if they intend it to be a squeeze.....a point to be made is that in the KR version.....skills are upgraded using gold.....onyx is only used for awakening......although i have many of my childs who are uncapped but skills are untouched....furthermore i have also many childs who i have the duplicate copies for but not enough gold for the actual uncapping so it is definately tight on the bumper....and unless you are a mondo spending whale.....i can only imagine everybody is in the same boat, up the same creek, looking for an oar........ so is next world boss gonna be a dark boss for us to use light childs then? i have Cleo+2, mafdet+4, horus+3, white winged diablo+5, Bastet+3, Ashtoreth+1, Aria+3, Dana+6, Mars+4, Naias+2, Leda+6, Maat.....a lot of those are already maxed to thwir highest level....fill in the rest with the other essentials childs

• Ivy Felissa LV.24 Genius Jul 5, 2019, 12:46 AM

I also have the lowest uncap for light attackers, mafdet is still +3, both cleo and bastet r only +1
    I wanna spin the gacha but my mars is alr +6, idk whether i should spin the gacha (• ´ 3`•)

But for the rest, i think i'm ready, i havr just evolved some childs, hope there will be less death compared to the last wb

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jul 5, 2019, 12:48 AM

I'm trying for some cheeky Syrinx and Maat uncaps (+3 and +4 respecitively). I should be going for Pantheon (only +1) but I'm in the same boat - my Change'e is +6 so I don't want to roll on the banner.

• gamerCamille LV.7 Nomad Jul 5, 2019, 01:12 AM

For preimium summon pool, if you already have a child that is +6, don't pull on the banner. You can always get duplicates of others through tickets. Save for limited childs

• Lungs LV.19 Insomniac Jul 5, 2019, 01:51 AM

mentally, no, I need a break after ragna. I already prepped 75% for light wb the first time around and I've finished since then so I really don't have to do anything but Ill probably upgrade my bastet to 6*. I'm gonna halfass this wb though, I just feel worn out and I just know that another collab is coming after wb and I need to save 4 billions crystals so I dont miss any.

• NO NAME verified Jul 5, 2019, 01:56 AM

Same. I’m feeling a bit of burnout. And by a bit I mean a lot. Feeling like I’m spinning my wheels, progress stuck in the mud does not help.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jul 5, 2019, 05:26 AM

Yep, saving hundreds of thousands of crystals here too. It sucks, I'm playing a bloody gacha game and hardly engaging in the gacha! I don't want to go through the god-awful stress of another collab event where Global gets *one* guaranteed child and we have to hope/pray/pay for the other two. It still makes me sad I see +4/5/6 Mikus where the event was fair. I literally never ever see Kemono Friends.

• NO NAME verified Jul 5, 2019, 02:11 AM

Not at all prepared.

I'm coming up on 3 months in and even with some dolphin or beluga spending behaviors to get better quicker, most of what is needed to be effective for WB is at best in the mid uncaps, save for Mars +6, Leda +6, and Erato +6. So i can heal and defend a bit but my attackers are all +1 to +3 for light.

This will be my first real one (I started the last week of the Davi WB, so I was just throwing anything out to see what stuck). This one will be a real learning experience.

Oh and screw everything about onyx in this game.

At least most mobile games when they have a particular limited currency give a direct way to acquire it, if you so choose. This one buries onyx behind the process of having to spend TWO other currenices (crystals/onyx) to acquire and convert to get more.

This is likely going to be the thing that causes me to burn out entirely by the time the summer is done. I can already feel it apporaching.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Jul 5, 2019, 05:32 AM

You are literally where I was two months ago during Kemono Friends - absolutely burnt out after Davi WB and frantically trying to make top tier 6* units while trying to ignore the fact people were dropping the game.

Two easy ways to fix everyones problems -

Triple WB rewards. Yes, triple. Make the 5* drop rate as high as Platinum Chests if not higher.

Introduce money as an alternative to Onyx to level skills as part of the "WB experience", if you will. Even if it's only for the duration of the WB event, even if you have to participate to "unlock" the ability to level skills using gold - bam, you immediately interest a huge majority of your playerbase into playing again. Most people are lukewarm to WB and they totally borked Davi (imo) so you need something real good to draw 'em back. They need to be properly generous, not gacha "generous".

Another point - why Medusa? I was searching around on YT earlier and most WB videos are Davi and Khepri. Khepri is one of the more popular characters/events that people on Global are waiting for. Why are we getting Medusa instead? Where are Sitri and Tyrving? Where is Newbie Mona? Where is Hildr? Why do I feel like the most popular characters and events are being held back from us for no reason? Or am I being paranoid?

• MAD_MAX LV.17 Sage Jul 5, 2019, 06:17 AM

None of my light units are 6* yet or invested in in any way whatsoever with the exception of Bast and Erato, which are so similar, one of them will be redundant (the one time I wasted resources).

I've also been playing every day (6 months), completing every challenge, and not wasting any onyx/evolution material.

In the past, they gave us water raid followed by water world boss, then fire raid followed by fire world boss, and that was helpful because that gave us a chance to use units we had just invested in.

But the worldboss uses different units like Maat, Naias, Aria, Mars, and so forth. I don't even have those built yet at all.

To think I can build Mafdet, Bastet, etc., in a week is hilarious, especially considering how important Mars and Maat will be.

I don't even have the resources to build the units for the current Raid yet. My Siren and Abaddon are far from finished. I need probably a million onyx just for Siren's slide skill. :-/

• gamerCamille LV.7 Nomad Jul 5, 2019, 01:09 AM

My attackers are gonna be
    Cleo +6, Bastet +6, Charlotte +1, Astoreth +1, Victorix +5
    My Mafdet is only +0, and while my other 4 star light attackers are all +5 I feel it's not worth it to heavy onyx invest
    My last 5 backrow attackers will be
    Eve +6, Dion +3, Hestia +5, Morgan +2, Freesia +6
    I hope that they won't be two banner boost childs, because those are going to be some low chances to get both. We should've had Kephri to get a chance at the first boost child already.
    Front row is looking good, hoping to get the new childs for my last supporter spot

• BetaQ LV.14 Chief Jul 5, 2019, 01:30 AM

just like you, I only have 200k onyx.
    with only 4 light attackers at Lv.50 and they are unawakened with 0 skill

• Blackgamer38 LV.18 Shadow Jul 5, 2019, 06:44 PM

Cléo lv60 +2, ashtoreth 60+3, baastet ,mafdet and maat 60+5, titania , Dana, Leda, 60+6 others 4 stars ligth atk lv50+5,

• AKi_AtelierWitch LV.15 Clearly Hacking Jul 5, 2019, 07:54 PM

truth be told there's so much going on that just trying to save crystals for the summons is how I'm prepping for WB and up coming raids but we all know you gotta have wicked luck just to score a decent 5* to really show results.

Home