Impaler/Asmodeus LV.7 Nomad
Aug 25, 2019, 07:19 PM 561 read

Onyx issue

FORUM

Have they ever adressed the onyx issue in this game? Any answer about this one? I'm not so sure about this new onyx extraction thing. I'm not sure if I am the only one but to me it feels like it is giving less onyx when I extract the Childs since the update. Anyone feel like that too? Besides, how is the onyx in KR or JP versions? Is there an onyx shortage there too? If i remember correctly someone here like 3 months ago or something said that there is an onyx dungeon in KR/JP version or something like that. Is that true ? And if it is, if we follow JP version, when exactly are we supposed to get that dungeon? This is really an simple issue with simple solution. Either decrease the cost or increase the gain or do both. Dunno why they do not resolve this issue already. Spending 15 K onyx just to increase one skill by 1 is just too much.

Comment 14

• Lozhac LV.11 Chief Aug 25, 2019, 07:55 PM

Kr and JP skill up with gold bro🤗

• Lozhac LV.11 Chief Aug 25, 2019, 07:57 PM

Hey...
    Skill up with onyx and auto story mode the entire night quite fun

• Impaler/Asmodeus LV.7 Nomad Aug 25, 2019, 08:02 PM

Yup, so much fun. Extracted 40+ 2* Childs this morning and barely got 15K onyx.

• Impaler/Asmodeus LV.7 Nomad Aug 25, 2019, 08:00 PM

Now that would be great. I'm pretty much wasting gold rn on gold summon. Would be much better to just level up skills with that.

• BadMelody LV.21 Professional Noob Aug 25, 2019, 09:51 PM

Have you started upgrading soul cartas yet? It might be better to start saving up gold for that instead of doing gold summons since it's a pretty big money sink.

• Impaler/Asmodeus LV.7 Nomad Aug 25, 2019, 11:19 PM

Yup. Have three of them maxed. Still there is no real gold problem i the game unlike onyx. It feels like no matter how much you play you simply won't ever be able to max out even 80% of Childs. Onyx cost/gain ratio is just too poor.

• Xentarim LV.4 Lurker Aug 25, 2019, 10:40 PM

As I recall, KR you can extract slimes, which is where you get the bulk of onyx once you have an established levelled team...

• Flameseeker LV.7 Nomad Aug 25, 2019, 11:10 PM

And to add insult to injury, the pace at which we are getting the events (Ragna/WB) makes it a bit complicated to max some of the units you need.

I mean, we ended the collab, what, 2 weeks ago? Now we have this Ragna and at the end of the month, WB... I need time to farm. As OP said, this should be addressed because the shortage is real. C'mon 140k+ Onyx to just fully awaken one unit? And of course, the leveing of skills gets ridiculous past 4 or 5 uncap.

• Impaler/Asmodeus LV.7 Nomad Aug 25, 2019, 11:23 PM

I feel like I wasted 400K+ onyx on Mars yesterday. Yeah I know I'll use her on every WB but for example there is no way for me rn to awaken and level up skills of Naias which is also great WB unit. You really have to spend your onyx carefully. Besides I've read that fire WB is supposed to be next. Even if fire is not the next WB I still won't be able to prepare attackers for upcoming WB. Yeah I can evolve them easily and I can max their levels, but awakening them or leveling skills? Hell no. Can't do anything with 15K onyx I got today for extracting 40+ 2* Childs.

• Bikini Lisa LV.19 Boo! Aug 26, 2019, 12:09 AM

I never have enough onyx for anything in this game. I have to slowly pick who gets awakened and skills leveled up.

• Cheesaw LV.20 Assassin Aug 26, 2019, 02:54 AM

Well, I'm gonna play the devil's advocate on this one.

It's all about strategies and priorities in this game. I don't think handing out onyx so every player can have every character maxed out would be a good thing. It's all part of the strategy of the game.

People are always complaining about not getting all the childs, or not being able to max out skills on ALL their childs, or not having ALL their childs at +6. Just play the game! Do the best you can with what you got, and if it's not enough, SPEND THE MONEY!

• Impaler/Asmodeus LV.7 Nomad Aug 26, 2019, 04:08 AM

Can't agree. I am not saying that they should shower us with onyx, but surely it wouldn't hurt their profit if they increased onyx gain a little. For example from underground. Or letting us level up skills with gold like i KR/JP versions. I surely wouldn't mind if they showered us with onyx but I know they have to make profit. All I am asking for is to increase onyx gain.

And being satisfied with what you are getting even tho it is below what you should be getting is bullshit attitude imo. I think that we should be getting more free daily onyx.

• Cheesaw LV.20 Assassin Aug 26, 2019, 05:43 AM

It's not strictly about profit for them though. It's about game balance. If you give out too many resources it breaks the game. This game is VERY generous, perhaps overly so. Personally, I wouldn't mind if they made some of the more OP characters, such as Dana and Eve, harder to get.

And I love how you talk about what you "should" be getting. THAT'S a strong statement.

• Impaler/Asmodeus LV.7 Nomad Aug 26, 2019, 08:53 AM

Talking about game balance... let's put crystal gain/Child gain into perspective with onyx gain. For example I currently have Olga +5. Never had onyx to max him out since some other Childs were priority (for example when preparing for ragna/wb). He is not even awakened let alone with leveled up skills. To level him up I guess I need around 600-700K onyx. I also have Medb sitting around +4. Have her awakened but with skills up to lvl 2. Mafdet waiting for her skills to be level up to lvl 5. Hestia sitting at +4 awakened and but with skills on lvl 1. Naias sitting around at +2 not awakened nor with skills level up. Dunno really how much onyx I nees just for these. Guess around 2M or more. And I haven't even counted any other Childs.

For the reference I have those two blue collab Childs from the last collab. Couldn't get the 3rd one. Now I've got Isolde +3, Bikini Lisa and Anemone. We have WB approaching so I guess I'll get 2-3 more new Childs. Now I don't want to start counting all the other Childs that are just sitting there neither awakened nor with skills leveled up just because of onyx shortage. Just sitting there never to be used probably (not because of their skills but because of onyx shortage). Onyx simply can't keep up with the amount of crystals/childs you are getting, gold, evolution materials or fodder childs etc.

I am pretty sure I am not the only one here.

Home