KOTONEIUS LV.12 Chief
Oct 3, 2019, 10:31 AM 1,522 read

Will It Be Worth It?

FORUM

I feel that a lot of people won't be happy when this is implemented. It won't be for a while now, but the steps you have to take to achieve this exponential increase in power won't sit well with everyone. As far as I've experienced, you must sacrifice 5* Childs to gain red stars, which stack/boost your ATK and HP. At one point, you have to sacrifice a 5* Child of that same affinity, in this case a Dark Child. A TON of Onyx will be used as well. Artemis's PWR was approx. 20k before I took these steps, with KR's item boosters equipped (another system that will arrive on global with time), which as of now has increased to 40k PWR with 4/6 red stars gained. Let me know in the comments whether you're looking forward to this patch or not! Downvote for "no" and upvote for "yes." This post is made to gain perspective on the potential update within the next year or so. [The last picture shows the amount of Onyx I have to use in order to "level up." After that, I'll most likely have to grab another 5* Child for the next red star.]

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Will It Be Worth It? image 2
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Will It Be Worth It? image 3
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Will It Be Worth It? image 4
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Will It Be Worth It? image 6

Comment 15

• Tsuyomi LV.22 Outlaw Oct 3, 2019, 10:51 AM

I doubt this feature will be introduce anytime soon. We simply do not have onyx enough to max our child, let alone investing in this.

Until they make the necessary changes where our onyx count no longer a concern and everyone is stockpiling their onyx in the millions, I have a serious concern if the developer will introduce this to us anytime soon.

PS: I really want them to change the onyx cost for skills to gold. Fingers crossed.

• KOTONEIUS LV.12 Chief Oct 3, 2019, 11:02 AM

Same! I hope the gold update comes soon. Hopefully before the end of this year.

• Da_Realshoota1879 LV.18 Sage Oct 3, 2019, 12:59 PM

I personally prefer them reducing the onyx needed for skills rather than changing to gold as I see gold as a purchasing currency and onyx as a character leveling material currency.
    Main issue being latter skill amounts being a real onyx sink.

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Oct 3, 2019, 12:04 PM

I think the update sounds amazing, but there is a lot of context in the form of uodates that KR has and global doesnt that makes it good.
    We still are far from stockpiling on Onyx, wich on KR its already somewhat easy, this amplified by the amount of time the KR server has been out for (they would have most childs already maxed on every way, thus being able to upgrade something extra like red stars)
    What im trying to say is that im excited for this after we have enough updates that puts us somewhat on par with KR, right now you wouldnt be able to do anything with that update.

• Archfiend Laharl LV.23 Warrior Oct 3, 2019, 12:53 PM

I agree. It would probably just make people angry that they don't have the resources to do anything with it at this point.

• Archfiend Laharl LV.23 Warrior Oct 3, 2019, 01:00 PM

Besides the fact that Global is basically not prepped for this, there's also the consideration that the mechanics of the system may be altered for other servers.

I'm sure this or something like this will eventually come, and I'm never against new content. BUT if this means that later Ragna and World Bosses will be built with the expectation that Childs have been boosted this way, it sounds a little exhausting.

• KOTONEIUS LV.12 Chief Oct 3, 2019, 01:10 PM

Totally agree. I've seen teams prepped for WB Raids with over 700k PWR because of boosted Childs. This update for KR arrived only a few months ago, so as previously said, it would take a longggg time before it hits global, which is good! I can't wait to see what the change of publishers does for the game, since it can only (and hopefully) be good.

• NO NAME verified Oct 3, 2019, 10:51 AM

Very interesting! ๐Ÿค” Change is good!

• JRyan123 LV.9 Nomad Oct 3, 2019, 10:55 AM

They can skip adding this feature to global....just give us hephaestus as a playable 5* and that will be good enough.

• Harlock LV.20 Champion Oct 3, 2019, 03:25 PM

Yes... imho there will be more diverse teams!

• BadMelody LV.21 Professional Noob Oct 4, 2019, 01:36 PM

I don't think this will be problematic for long-term players, since most players that have been playing since near the start will have most of the base units at +6 and most of the useful base units heavy invested onyx-wise. Players that have been around for a while will probably love this since it is a way to upgrade the units that they have been getting a bunch of copies of and haven't really had any way to make them better.

As for newer players, well this will just divide the gap in strength even more. The thing is though, any update that allows players to increase strength is going to create a gap, so you can't really use that as an excuse to not further the game. Kinda like how some people don't want the general summon pool to increase because it would put newer players at a disadvantage.

• Revoltriot LV.7 Nomad Oct 5, 2019, 12:24 AM

Maybe If this feature made some unused characters viable, I would be hyped about It. Anyway, some change os better than no change at all...

• fring LV.8 Nomad Oct 4, 2019, 01:52 AM

Nobody's gonna comment on the blatant Diablo font usage?

• KOTONEIUS LV.12 Chief Oct 4, 2019, 01:55 AM

Wait a minute... Really? I've never played Diablo personally, but I had no idea that they "took inspiration" from the game.

• Mugetsu~ ๅ LV.19 Fast as Lightning Oct 12, 2019, 03:43 AM

Woah will we ever get her on global

Home