Bearsss LV.13 Chief
Oct 8, 2019, 12:33 AM 1,543 read

Your rates weren't accurate, give me my crystals back

FORUM

Anyone that pulled on the banner should be refunded because the in-game rates weren't accurate. The banner was also spitting out 3-stars that had been evolved to 4-stars.

Comment 25

• Migaruke LV.20 Insomniac Oct 8, 2019, 03:11 AM

The mistake they seemed to make was that the last summoning was not coming out as a minimum 4* unit, and potential match bonuses you could get from matching a 3* in that slot. 5* rates were not affected at all.

Really, the only people to be affected by this mistake is if they somehow got a quintuple or sextuple 3* match and didn't get their 7,777 or 77,777 crystals, respectively, but the odds of this it's abysmally low I doubt anyone actually got it since the event went live yesterday.

They basically gave six 4*-5* tickets to compensate for your 4* units you missed on your last summon slot, and then 2000 crystals just because. I think they have been more than fair, especially considering the 5* rate was not affected by this blunder.

• Bearsss LV.13 Chief Oct 8, 2019, 03:39 AM

The full rates for what they provided weren't accurate to what we were spending crystals on.

If they want to give all players 2k crystals and 4-5* tickets then cool, but I spent 16,000 on a broken banner that wasn't acknowledged by the devs until hours after I had spent them.

• Elegans LV.5 Lurker Oct 8, 2019, 03:52 AM

You are completely missing the point. We are supposed to get what we paid for. If I don't get what I paid for, guess what? I want my money back! When's the last time you bought any time where you got something other than what was advertised, the seller then says, well here's something nice you didn't ask for, and you're ok with it?

• Migaruke LV.20 Insomniac Oct 8, 2019, 04:18 AM

If the compensation fairly covers their mistake, then yes I am totally fine with it.

You guys are arguing over not getting an extra 4* per 10 pull, and demanding full compensation, which is pretty ludicrous in my opinion. They are giving you back all your 4* with the summon tickets.

It would be more reasonable to demand this if the 5* rate was affected, as this actually affects one's decision to pull.

• BadMelody LV.21 Professional Noob Oct 8, 2019, 06:59 AM

If I bought a variety pack of something and it turns out that one of the things I was supposed to get was replaced by something less valuable, yeah, I'd be upset.

If I went back to the store to tell the manager and they said "don't worry, we'll get you the thing the you were supposed to get. On top of that, you can keep the item you weren't supposed to get and we'll give you some store credit as well," well I'd be pretty ok with that.

• Archfiend Laharl LV.23 Warrior Oct 8, 2019, 09:17 AM

The nature of this event has brought up an interesting question for me. Do we as players have a cooperative or adversarial relationship with the Devs?

It matters, because if we are cooperative then there is an expectation of honesty, and we can take their assertions at face value. When they say "The only things effected were the 4*, and because of this the 3* multiples bonus", if we accept that as true, then sure, being given 6 4-5* tickets and 2000 crystals seems to be fair.

However, if our relationship is adversarial, then we question their information. If this mistake effected outcomes of 3* multiples and the 4* rates, is it irrational to believe it may have impacted the 5*s as well? And if it *did*, would they tell us? From that point of view, every pull is invalidated, and the only thing that will seem fair is a chance to reroll under the circumstances as advertised.

There's enough anecdotal evidence to suggest that the 5* rates were increased as intended. This supports the Dev explanation of events. But I don't think that invalidates the viewpoint of Bearsss and other players. I don't think it's wrong to feel cheated here, and to feel like the compensation is less of a generous apology and more of a forced payout, not a crystal or ticket more than they calculated to be absolutely neccesary to mollify the majority.

• Migaruke LV.20 Insomniac Oct 8, 2019, 01:41 PM

You're the greatest person to have to quell such a heated argument. I still have a lot of life lessons to learn it seems.

• dikstra LV.19 Sage Oct 8, 2019, 01:57 AM

Compensation that isn't worth even a one roll. Give people the exact amount of crystals for 6 pulls (maximum you could daily do it on this shit banner).

• Sodie Pop LV.12 Team Rocket Oct 8, 2019, 01:08 AM

Did you not see the compensation notice....? :,D

• Bearsss LV.13 Chief Oct 8, 2019, 02:48 AM

Everyone should be compensated for their mistake. I personally spent 16,000 crystals on a banner with technical problems that weren't acknowledged by the game managers until hours later.

Everyone that used the machine should get refunded their crystals.

• Lungs LV.19 Insomniac Oct 8, 2019, 04:24 AM

Pick your battles, you lost out on some guaranteed 4 stars, who cares.

• Spok1 LV.6 Nomad Oct 8, 2019, 06:33 AM

Well, 4* do give quite some good amount of onyx when extracted...

• BadMelody LV.21 Professional Noob Oct 8, 2019, 07:01 AM

but they're still getting the 4* on top of a free 3*, so even then why complain?

• [MMOSLASH] Solanor LV.17 Let’s play Destiny! Oct 8, 2019, 04:04 PM

sinces crystals are VERY VERY expensive I think it's pretty fair for players to ask for a complete refund. We have an expensive version so we should have better refund

• Vortain LV.15 Chief Oct 8, 2019, 07:44 AM

Yeah, I kinda feel like this is lack luster compensation. If you make a mistake (extract a 5*, use crystals on the wrong banner, use blood crystals on the wrong thing, etc, etc) they won't do anything about it, you simply lose it.

But if they screw up, they give nothing or the bare minimum. All about that money.

• This review has been deleted.

• Bearsss LV.13 Chief Oct 8, 2019, 01:36 AM

The game tells you the rates to three digits behind the decimal so that no matter how badly someone does, 'they know what the odds were'.

Those rates weren't accurate due to a technical error on their side, that the player wouldn't know until after they pulled or their notice came several hours later. They can skip out on the compensation, but I want the crystals I spent on a borked banner back.

• justadude LV.5 Lurker Oct 8, 2019, 01:49 AM

yeah, getting all your crystals back for the useless 3x 4* childs you missed sounds fair doesnt it? because thats literally all you missed and you're already getting compensated

• Bearsss LV.13 Chief Oct 8, 2019, 01:53 AM

The rates on the machine weren't accurate so who knows what I would have gotten. The notice doesn't even address that some of the 3-stars were popping out as evolved 4s.

If they value 18,000 crystals at $100, then I want my crystals back when the rates they display aren't accurate to what I'm rolling for.

• BadMelody LV.21 Professional Noob Oct 8, 2019, 03:09 AM

The rate for getting a 5* was the same either way, 6% with the bug and 6% without the bug.

Also, have you ever even read the terms of service for an online game? There's always a section where you agree that the virtual currency has no monetary value, so they value 18,000 crystals at $0. Just because someone sells you a pebble for $100 and you actually buy it, doesn't mean that pebble is actually worth $100, especially if they told you beforehand that this pebble is actually worth nothing.

• Bearsss LV.13 Chief Oct 8, 2019, 03:51 AM

We have no idea what the rates on the banner except for what they say.

The banner was wrong, and they acknowledged that, but it means I was mislead by them on the exact rates that I spent 16k crystals on.

I'm not satisfied with their compensation, and it isn't fair for anyone that did pull on the banner to be inconvenienced by their error.

• BadMelody LV.21 Professional Noob Oct 8, 2019, 06:49 AM

Bearsss  You're right, I haven't seen anyone data mine the game to make sure the 6% rate for 5* units is true, but I'm inclined to believe it's true since they stated what the bug was actually doing AND we're already seeing posts on moot and reddit where people are showing off getting triple 5* units in one 10× pull after only one day of a banner that has a hard cap on how many daily pulls you can do. Seeing people post triple 5* units in one 10× pull isn't all that common, so the fact that were seeing multiple people sharing this already leads me to believe that the 5* actually affected by the bug.

You're also right, you were mislead on the last pull of your 10× pull, that's why they're giving you 6 guaranteed 4*-5* tickets, because that last pull in each 10× should have been at least a guaranteed natural 4*. You're allowed to be unsatisfied with the compensation all you want, it's just that asking for a full refund on all 6 10× pulls because there was a bug with the last pull in each 10× just makes you sound whiny and entitled.

• Tynarith LV.1 Mootie Oct 8, 2019, 08:03 AM

I can't complain about not getting 5* but yes about getting all 3* and the game said that you get a guaranteed 4* in each pull

• 刘嘉玲 LV.7 Nomad Oct 8, 2019, 03:28 PM

Everyone should be compensated for their mistake. I personally spent 16,000 crystals on a banner with technical problems that weren't acknowledged by the game managers until hours later.

Everyone that used the machine should get refunded their crystals.

• mgisgb LV.6 Nomad Oct 8, 2019, 06:45 PM

today’s %6 banner just give me one dup 5*

Home