Archfiend Laharl LV.23 Warrior
Oct 10, 2019, 07:02 AM 993 read

The Lull

FORUM

So I'm in a lull in the game right now. Anyone else feel the same way? I spent my meager stockpile of crystals on the 6% banner, and while it wasn't entirely useless (I got Mammon...๐Ÿ˜ญ), it wasn't the bonanza I've seen some of you get (not salty, genuinely happy for the lucky few! ๐Ÿ˜). I've been pushing my resources leveling up my best 5*s, and I can see the progress, but now I'm running low on pretty much everything. I can't really do all that much day to day for the moment, and I know that Something is looming on the horizon that will require me to have more crystals than I do. I was staring at the shop listings today, trying to convince myself that's it's not That expensive...it's not, right? lol Curious to know what this time is like for the rest of you. Anyone still sitting on a stash of crystals? Anyone tapped out like me?

Comment 27

• Jacky_My_Boy LV.21 Zombie Oct 10, 2019, 07:31 AM

While i cant say that im low on everything, the biggest wall for me is and always gonna be is onyx, bcs maxing out childs is a pain in the ass, especially when theres no good way to obtain it besides trashing other childs.

Other thing is ofc the crystals, but its the "premium" currency of the game so ofc you'll need shit ton of it to obtain the meta childs. I was always careful about spending them, especially if i knew that collab was coming, then i would save up as much as possible, even when new vanilla child was coming or something, bcs i thought that I'll get it some other day, it wont be gone forever. Although when Bikini Lisa and ofc Newbie Mona came out I went all in, BUT WITH MY LUCK I GOT NEITHER. As much as I would love to support the game, I'll never justify the pricing in this game, so I'll never buy crystals.

Ignoring the rant tho, when u reach a certain point, u realise that the game lacks content, because you do your dailys, do the world, ragna, etc. and then ur done for the day. So thats the biggest issue for me rn.

• ZaneBW LV.7 Nomad Oct 10, 2019, 09:33 AM

Honestly, I'm in the same place. knowing the collab is likely our next event I'm super not ready. Onyx is and always has been super hard to get, and the shop pack isn't good enough for me to buy it. As mentioned above content is a big problem when you get to this point. I've been evolving my relevant Childs, and doing little grinding for 2* fodder, but outside that, I am feeling the lack of things to do. Not to beat a dead horse, but we need some type of update. Exp being open at all times, not just three (along with mats), new child's added to the pool, and maybe onxy cost for skill ups and such dropped a bit or changed to money for skills and remaining the same for S ranking them.

• Archfiend Laharl LV.23 Warrior Oct 10, 2019, 12:11 PM

It's interesting. I don't think it would feel like such an empty time if it weren't for the sense of urgency I feel knowing the collab is on the way. I want to do things to get ready but there isn't a ton I can do. Makes me feel like I'm wasting time. If your ideas were implemented I could use this time well.

• ZaneBW LV.7 Nomad Oct 10, 2019, 12:29 PM

Yeah, but sadly they don't seem to want to update the game outside monetary bundles. hopefully with a change in who's running the game will bring better things all around.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Oct 10, 2019, 11:42 AM

Just saving up for my collab, baby. There's other games to play as mains, so this is my side game for now.

• Archfiend Laharl LV.23 Warrior Oct 10, 2019, 12:01 PM

What are you playing as a main right now? I've actually been downloading new games to try to fill the void, so maybe I can try what you're playing.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Oct 10, 2019, 12:23 PM

Monster Hunter World Iceborne and Code Vein - having a lot of fun with both of them. Brand new monster released just tonight for Iceborne and CV is getting some fun Halloween update, so I'm looking forward to playing more of both.

• nerve แถ˜ แต’แดฅแต’แถ… LV.26 Nightmare Oct 10, 2019, 11:35 PM

Truth here, DC is my main but Azur Lane is my side.

Also sort of BL3 and other PC games, but basically if you are bored then it means it's working unfortunately; mobile games are meant to be pick up and play in intervals throughout the day, and every day. They can never be content consuming long slogs like standard RPG or other games.

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Oct 10, 2019, 02:26 PM

I actually did the same and started another game as main. Im playing King's raid since like 5 days ago lol.
    If you dont know it, its pretty good, lots of characters (waifus and husbandos alike) lots of farming equipment. Everything is SO f2p friendly, like, it takes time but every character can be adquired for free by spending time bonding with them on an inn (and there are other ways as well to adquire them). You can get premium currency really fast, and spend it on skins that look awesome and give small bonuses to xp or gold.
    Ok I could go on forever but if you havent tried it yet give it a try, or if you have any doubts just ask me.

• Migaruke LV.20 Insomniac Oct 10, 2019, 04:07 PM

I have a mobile game craze where I tend to download a bunch and try them out. Most don't don't stick around for long but some notable ones I toyed around with for a while were Azure Lane, Goddess Kiss, Bang Dream (this is a rhythm game). Mostly waifu games hahahaha. I kinda stopped playing these once I discovered Destiny Child hahahaha.

Currently trying out Crossing Void which is in beta right now. Official release at the end of this month. (FYI beta accounts get wiped on release, but we get 10 pulls lol). It's a fighting hero collector with every anime character in existence lol. I just pulled Taiga from Toradora for example (pic attached). Other animes I saw in the game were Railgun/Index, Hataraku Maou-sama, Sakurasou no pet na kanojo, Sword Art Online, Durarara, oreimo... to name a few. Fully voiced by the seiyus too.

Typically I can only keep up with 1 or 2 at a time and drop the rest. I spend more of my time on a PC game called Phantasy Star Online 2, which I've been playing since 2012
    (. โ› แด— โ›.)

• Kuchiki Rukia LV.24 Try Hard Oct 10, 2019, 08:15 PM

It's fighting climax but a mobile version , i will definitely give it a try

• Archfiend Laharl LV.23 Warrior Oct 11, 2019, 12:25 AM

That's so funny I literally just downloaded Crossing Void yesterday! I think it's really cool, the animations in battle are fantastic. Unfortunately, my crap phone can't run it without crashing every 10-15 minutes. ๐Ÿ˜‘

• BadMelody LV.21 Professional Noob Oct 10, 2019, 02:44 PM

Yeah, I always try to have two games I'm playing on mobile since most games have some dips in terms of events. I'm currently playing old school runescape since the nostalgia is strong in me and I like the fact that you can easily switch between mobile and pc for it. Plus runescape doesn't really have too much in terms of events, so I can easily play it for an entire day, drop it for a week, and then come right back without really missing anything. Also playing Ni No Kuni 2 for when I want something that's a bit more engaging.

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Oct 10, 2019, 08:11 AM

Oof, Im keeping strong on my saved 19k crystals.
    As for the resources, I kinda need everything, my best team is my wood team, and its barely scratching the 3mil damage. my other teams make 1mil and a half (even my water team, wich I thought was my strongest).
    I need gold for uncaps and evolutions, I need docens of blobs, I need hundred of thousands of onyx to properly level those skills of childs that are pretty basic (pantheon for example). Fire evolve materials Im constantly at 0, while for the other elements I always lack the diamonds.
    I still dont get medb, and my maat is still +0 lol.
    To that add that my equipments are terribly lacking in levels, and soul cartas are far from being leveled (altho I do uncap them/whatever it was called).
    The game is just becoming harder to catch up at this rate, even for those playing for more than 6 months. I was considering moving myself to KR server but just because of Makoto I wont (I would play both servers if I had the space on my phone lol)

• Archfiend Laharl LV.23 Warrior Oct 11, 2019, 12:22 AM

It is becoming hard to catch up, because of the pace. I'm working to accept the harsh reality that I'm going to miss several things. I know that a lot is different in the KR version. Do they have the same rates?

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Oct 11, 2019, 03:19 AM

I believe the rates are the same, but considering every child is included in the premium pool (with the clear exeption of collab childs) you always have a base chance of getting every child and not the same duplicated red cross lol.

• Otakuman706 LV.20 Insomniac Oct 11, 2019, 01:04 PM

I thought that, in kr, limited (noncollab, nonbase) childs got added to the premium pool over time, not that all automatically went into it.

Not a huge difference, but it would mean the newer childs still have a better reason to try to pull when they first get released in their banner- other than increased odds compared to a pool with 'all' the others also available.

I may be wrong, I don't play kr, just thought that's how it was handled there. Also with the idea that ours started similarly and that after some time the limited childs currently not in our premium pool, will be added, eventually anyway. They may come in limited banners and/or reruns a few times first, but after some time later they'll trickle in. But again I haven't seen official confirmation about this, so I could be wrong.

• BlueWolf LV.13 Chief Oct 12, 2019, 04:46 AM

I think you're right, but thats still amazing on its own. Idk how much it takes for an event child to get added to the premium pool, but just the fact that you could get krampus, cleo etc from a pull in premium summon without spending specifically on their banner means a lot. It doesnt only mean saving a shit load of crystals, its also less likely to get the same red cross or mammon over and over again in premium pool.
    premium pool tickets also could give something much more interesting, it only takes months of playing the game to hit that point where you feel like you dont need any more than 1% of the 5* childs from premium summon (the current global one).

• Otakuman706 LV.20 Insomniac Oct 12, 2019, 08:30 PM

Btw, thought you may be interested if you didn't see, I posted some thoughts on 5* tix here:
    https://moot.us/lounges/73/boards/289/posts/2123573

Some speculation on when the child is 'decided' - pre/post-pull and some possibilities, along with why some may find saving them helpful, in either case. Based on what we've said I just thought I'd share it; may be something you'd be interested in, and I hope its of some use to others.

And to everyone:
    Sorry for walls of text...
    Even these are often somewhat trimmed, but I know most are still a bit lengthy lol.

• BadMelody LV.21 Professional Noob Oct 10, 2019, 02:39 PM

I'm still having a lot of fun with the game. I find that keeping a large stockpile of resources makes the game feel better and makes you less worried about when and what you spend it on, which in return makes you not focus so much on how many resources you currently have.

For example, when I was saving for N. Mona, it got to the point where I had saved up almost 300k crystals. Because of this, I wouldn't look at how many crystals I had as often, and when i did look, I would be up another 20k crystals without even realizing it. Same with onyx. I currently have 3mil onyx and frequently dip to below 2mil, but getting back to 3mil always feels so fast because I'm not constantly looking at my onyx and wishing I had more. The only currency I'm currently depleting pretty quickly is gold, but that's because I'm focusing on leveling up soul cartas right now and they really just soak up gold like it's nothing.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Oct 10, 2019, 09:13 PM

I get what you mean. Maybe it's the RPG nerd in me, but I like to see my numbers get bigger. I got 113k and counting for Catherine and I'm still able to pull once a day on the 6% banner without dipping too much. Over 10 million gold and half a million Onyx - there's just something about stockpiling that's satisfying lol. Getting Bathory and Newbie Mona close together reduced my crystals by about 80k, so hopefully I don't take another hit like that (excluding the upcoming Collab).

• Otakuman706 LV.20 Insomniac Oct 12, 2019, 08:40 PM

I like to try stockpiling too, you definitely aren't alone lol
    But the last like 3-5 events have really rekt my crystals, with little or no return > ยฆ [ from ~150k.
    Really pissed I pulled no Bathorys for uncaps, and still no NM. Has been a real let down, as have pretty much all these events in general for me sadly. Not enough to push me to quit, but I'd be lying if I said it isn't edging me closer. And has definitely made me totally against spending any irl currency unless things change big time.
    Anyway, best of luck mates, during lulls I usually juat do dailies, maybe a bit extra, but otherwise I take it like a bit of a break from the game. A nice period where I'm not worried about pulling x or doing y, etc. If not for this I probably would have burned out and quit a while back.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Oct 13, 2019, 05:49 AM

Mona and Bathory will be back, so stay strong m8. The collabs are the ones I worry about, I'd hate to dump all my crystals on it and not get the units. Thankfully for this particular collab I only need to pull two units rather than one.

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Oct 10, 2019, 08:48 PM

I have 20K crystals in the bank, and considering sitting on them for a bit. Which kinda sucks because I have all the fodder I need, but nobody left I would like to evolved. AND of course, I have to be very careful with my meager onyx stash, because there are so many of my 6* that need to boost, so just focusing on the childs for the next event.

I miss the excitement of pulling a 5* ticket and knowing there are childs out there you reallllly want. I miss the excitement of getting a real chance at good prizes for WB. I still play, mostly only via auto battle, but my level of commitment is definitely fading. Unless they make a big change up, casual player may be in my near future.

• Atreides LV.20 S Oct 11, 2019, 02:40 AM

I'm tired of the game restricting the regular 5* child and soulcarta pool since launch.

I have prism + 5 of all the regular soul cartas and over 10 copies all the regular 5* child except Abandon. WB rewards sucks. 5* tickets sucks. Soul carta ticket sucks.

All there is left to this game is chasing the "new 5* childs" from that shitty banner I got NOTHING from.

• Feels bad. He pulled the rat

• Vortain LV.15 Chief Oct 11, 2019, 02:24 PM

I'm still just trying to +6 some basix units and get a few rarer ones from the 6% banner. Of 8 pulls I've got 2 5*. I'm so frustrated and unhappy. That's 100$ "worth" of crystals. Why the HELL would I ever consider paying real money for the chance at getting literally nothing.

Home