ⓚⓘⓘⓒⓗⓘⓖⓞ LV.22 Insomniac
Nov 12, 2019, 02:51 AM 702 read

Devil Rumble, not looking so good

FORUM

I haven't found a decent match-up.

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Devil Rumble, not looking so good  image 2

Comment 7

• Vortain LV.15 Chief Nov 12, 2019, 08:23 AM

Unfortunately, you are playing against older players who have left the game, most likely. They should really be removed from PVP if they haven't played 10+ matches.

Fortunately your team is pretty strong. If you can get Chang'e, that'd be huge for you. But Nisas can work as an anti Change'e for now. Bathory is your other Major priority, probably more than Chang'e even. Get Syrinx to 6*, or if you have a Maat with high uncaps, she might be better to 6* first and use her for PVP. That way you have Maat for PVP and future WB. I have both at +6 but have been using Maat since she seems do do better for me.

You will also find you can push further than you think you can, though being 65k against 85k teams is very rough. Try to be selective in who you battle.

• Atreides LV.20 S Nov 12, 2019, 01:43 PM

Look at all these bathoryless teams. I wish I saw that in platinum for some easy wins.

• ⓚⓘⓘⓒⓗⓘⓖⓞ LV.22 Insomniac Nov 12, 2019, 01:44 PM

Wow Bathory, is that good

• ⓚⓘⓘⓒⓗⓘⓖⓞ LV.22 Insomniac Nov 12, 2019, 12:41 PM

Oooooooh, thanks for the information. Thou I do have Chang e & Bathory, buuuuuuut they're not uncapped. That's the main reason why I went Niasa & Artemis. I guess I should try to battle, since they are old players who left the game.

• Vortain LV.15 Chief Nov 12, 2019, 01:02 PM

You're welcome! Bathory is VERY good, even at +0, simply due to her leader skill. I trudged from Silver IV to Plat III basically because of her. When I got her my teams sat around 75k team. I was able to get into Gold IV or V with continual manual play. I've recently gone from +4 to +6 on all my main units, so I think that helped me break into Plat I, II, and now III, but III seems to be my limit.

My Core team since Bathory came out is Eve/Dana/Maat/Chang'e/Bathory. But I regularly replace Eve with Mafdet if they have a healer like Baast/Erato/Maat. The idea here is to basically negate one of their units. If they are running a squishy team or stall team, I'll try a tapper (my best being Abbadon+4) instead of Eve and try to kill at least a single unit before the first drive hits.

All that said, in the image you posted, there are only 2 teams you're going up against with any DoT (which Bathory's leader skill reduces by 50%). So you may have better luck not using her in those battles. But when you start seeing teams with Eve+Bathory and often +Jupiter, then you basically need her to get much further than Silver.

As for Chang'e, you may just have to experiment. Niasa might be better until you can get Chang'e some uncaps, or if you have Newbie Mona, that'd be great too. I should mention Chang'e has great skills obviously, her slide being the best. But her Drive is also excellent, and often big reason I can win battles. Her drive hits 3 enemies, with a chance to stun each. It also boosts your drive gauge by 12%. So if you can reach Drive first, you can gain a big lead, or if you're behind by 10-20%, you might be able to catch back up, and get ahead, with a triple stun. I will even sometimes use her Drive twice in a row (meaning I have to wait to use the Drive ability).

There's a lot to learn in PVP, a lot of experimenting and learning to get advantages over the computer. Don't be afraid to experiment with new teams.

One last tip: try putting your Dana in the middle of the group. I could be wrong, but I believe after a drive is cast, both you and the opponent recenter on the center unit. So instead of your squishier units being targeted right after the enemy drive, hopefully your Dana will be.

• ⓚⓘⓘⓒⓗⓘⓖⓞ LV.22 Insomniac Nov 12, 2019, 01:21 PM

Even a +0 Bathory is useful, I'll experiment with it, by replacing Artemis. I also totally forgot to put my attackers on the far left and right sides. I also recently summoned a Dana & Niasa, who are now max uncap. Again thanks for the super useful information

• Vortain LV.15 Chief Nov 13, 2019, 06:41 AM

You're welcome! Good Luck grinding through the ranks!

Home