Jacky_My_Boy LV.21 Zombie
Nov 16, 2019, 08:15 AM 1,061 read

Im feeling that without purchasing a package, a lot of ppl wont reach 777 candies.

FORUM

This is getting on my nerves, for now the only way to obtain pumpkin candies are from para-dice and I still need 300 of them to reach 777. You can get ~5 candies per board and maybe 10-12 from the packages, so from 11 board clears you can maybe get over 60 candies from packages and like 30 from the board itself. If ur lucky u can get 50 or 100 from the big package... Long story short im afraid I personally wont be able to get 777 candies and it makes me sad, bcs if I had those 18 dices that DC miscalculated and didnt gave them after world boss ended, maybe I would had a greater chance to complete it...

Comment 31

• NiroVerse LV.6 Dream Chaser Nov 16, 2019, 09:22 AM

Depends on your luck and how committed you were. Those 18 dices would only count for about 30 missing candies and we shouldn't delve on that error. I ran an estimate on how many Candies we would have before reaching the 777 Mission Reward (without counting the possible candies from Jack O' Lantern Sets)

Paradise 1 (12 Rolls)
    7 Pumpkin set (Clears)
    1 jack O Lantern Set (Clears)
    117 Candy from Rolls
    1 Pumpkin sets (Over Complete)

Paradise 2 (9 Rolls)
    7 Pumpkin set (Clears)
    1 Jack Set (Clears)
    156 Candy from rolls
    +2/3 Pumpkin Sets (Over complete)

Mission Pass:
    20 Pumpkin Sets
    5 Jack O lantern Sets

(Average 9 Candies per Pumpkin set)
    (38 Pumpkin Set)*(9 average) = <342 Candy From Pumpkin sets
    <273 Total Candy from Paradice
    Total 615 Candies or less from Paradise and mission pass sets.

Require 162+ candy from 7 Jack O Lantern Sets (777-615) if you had above average RNG. (If Jack sets follow the Packages rates you have a 8% chance to get 50 Candies and 2% for 100 Candies)

TL;DR You'll need 160+ candy if you played perfectly with above average rng.

• Jacky_My_Boy LV.21 Zombie Nov 16, 2019, 09:25 AM

You mean I'll still need about 160 candies even if I did all the daily dices and packages till the last day?

• NO NAME verified Nov 16, 2019, 09:27 AM

Nice work. Basically it was structured for only a handful of super lucky players without paying for mission pass.

• BadMelody LV.21 Professional Noob Nov 16, 2019, 09:38 AM

I made a comment somewhere earlier, but my luck has been super bad with both the para-dice rolls, and pumpkin and Jack-o-lantern sets. I've only gotten the 2nd reward tier once with the pumpkin set, the 3rd tier reward maybe 3 times, and the rest have been 4th tier. As far as the Jack-o-lantern sets go... well I've only gotten the 4th tier rewards every time. I've also missed maybe 2 days at most of doing the para-dice, but I feel like that shouldn't be a deal breaker when the mission gives you an entire month to complete it.

• Bikini Lisa LV.19 Boo! Nov 16, 2019, 10:50 AM

I'm not a fan of events that require real money to obtain the final prize.

• Green Arrow BIVB LV.20 Fearless Nov 16, 2019, 11:08 AM

Agreed!!

• LavyB LV.5 Lurker Nov 17, 2019, 11:56 AM

Neither am I. But I don't think this is one of those events.

• BadMelody LV.21 Professional Noob Nov 16, 2019, 09:16 AM

Same, I still have to get 400 candies to fully complete the mission, that's like 30 candies a day and I just don't see how I'm gonna be able to do it. I've just kind of accepted that i might be getting the reward this time around.

• dikstra LV.20 S Nov 16, 2019, 10:20 PM

Yep I don't think I'll even have 600 candies at the end. Opened all the worst sets from Jack boxes... No Showtime carta for me.

This kind of mission is highly frustrating. It starts okay, you see it has a long ass duration but you see soon enough it won't be easy. Candy sources become scarce, whole second half of the event is just from dice (which is terrible). Prime example of p2w mission that's giving false hope in the beginning.

• CRBY LV.19 Sage Nov 17, 2019, 12:31 AM

Yes, that is the case. How is that so bad though? They give out tons of tons of other stuff which you don´t find in any other gacha. An incentive here and there to spend money to keep the game alive can´t be that bad considering all the free shit (including tons of blood gems) you get right? Look at the grand picture and be happy for once. You don´t get a brandnew soul carta (prism) for free? Yeah well, no shit. We never did before and at least you had a chance at doing so this time. This is by far the most generous gacha out there, which is good and bad for it (economically). But there will always be whiners who need EVERYTHING for free...in a goddamn gacha on top of it. I am F2P but I am also realistic and see that they gotta make money somehow.

Also, 18 dice wouldn´t have changed much because you only get 1 Pumpkin per field and the real big amounts of Candy come from those boxes. I still agree they could have at least adressed and compensated it.

• Jacky_My_Boy LV.21 Zombie Nov 17, 2019, 02:14 AM

First of all theres been more than a few times where we did get a new prisma carta for free, second of all, I wouldnt mind spending a few bucks to get those extra candies if they weren't locked behind 30$ mission pass for each stage. You can say "but this is normal for gacha", well its not normal for me and I wont spend that amount of money to get one card.

Another thing is why make such a long event if you wont be able to even reach all the goals in the end? It just gives f2p players a false hope to get something good with only enough time put in and in the end everyone feels let down, bcs it was not possible to get all that from the very start.

• CRBY LV.19 Sage Nov 18, 2019, 06:14 AM

You got tons of rewards and blood gems on your way to that goal! did you already forget about that? you did probably at least 100+ in terms of blood gem rewards these past weeks, even as a beginner. like wtf are you on?

• Jacky_My_Boy LV.21 Zombie Nov 18, 2019, 06:27 AM

Bruh moment.
    If u got nothing better to say then just don't even say anything back m8, you're saying we got ton of blood gems from World Boss which has nothing to do with the issue I'm talking about, doesn't matter if the WB was tied to the dice missions. If your only argument about this whole topic is to say that "oh boo hoo we get other stuff for free tooo", then just stfu pls.

Idk what are you trying to accomplish here, but you are just showing how out of touch you are with this whole thing.

• CRBY LV.19 Sage Nov 18, 2019, 11:13 PM

I think you are very out of touch on how gachas work. Play some other mobile games as a reference and come back so we can talk again. You are a little whiner who can´t see the whole picture. This is not Nintendo who is just putting out a trashy mobile game as a side-investment. These guys don´t have a huge license or name to back it up. And in spite of all that you get the most generous gacha game out there. ASAS

• Jacky_My_Boy LV.21 Zombie Nov 18, 2019, 11:35 PM

So this whole thread is about how DC made ppl disappointed that the 28 days para-dice event cant be completed for majority of f2p players without cashing in. Now you started blabbering about how gachas work in general, even started comparing other shit from corporations like Nintendo?. Im sorry but do you even reread the stuff you spit out before replying? Or you are an actual imbecile.

I dont give a shit about other gacha games, so dont start spamming me to go play other games and start comparing them. I play Destiny Child and I will criticize it how I want.

If you are so desperate to keep sucking off SHIFT UP, then please do that as long as you like, but keep your bullshit to yourself.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Nov 17, 2019, 05:54 AM

Ridiculous logic and also 100% incorrect. If they wanted to charge money, they could have easily put the Prism Showcarta in the paid Lan-Fei MP as a guaranteed prize and people would've been fine with it. They could have put Showtime in the crystal SC banner, but they didn't. AFAIK the only way to actually get Showtime is to get lucky with the Jack-O-Lantern boxes or buy the Lan-Fei pass and get lucky. The problem is the slow realisation that 777 Pumpkin Candies might not be obtainable, and that isn't good enough for a 28+ day event that you've been slogging through every damn day.

We have gotten multiple free Prism SCs in the past as well, through Devil Fiesta and free MPs -

- Summer Festival Night
    - Dominus Duo
    - Central Fiction
    - The Ultimate Struggle

So I've got no idea what you're on about with this new "b-but they never gave us free Prisms!" narrative.

• CRBY LV.19 Sage Nov 18, 2019, 06:11 AM

If you would have checked the news you knew it was an RNG event. Those are mostly collab cartas as far as I can tell, which is how it should be. Cause those are gone after that collab period. They didn´t even do that with the recent Catherine collab, which is a bigger problem here.
    Anyway, you like everyone else had the chance at getting that carta and 777 BG´s a bunch of times with those lantern boxes. Do you even realize what kind of tremendous reward that is if you get lucky? That´s two years of doing dailies. At this point they point go ahead and give out everything out for free, or you will start crying. I am for as much F2P as possible as well, but this game is already by far the most F2P gacha and it does have to generate money somehow.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Nov 18, 2019, 12:55 PM

Summer Festival Night is one of the best SCs in the game and it's a DC original. Stop moving goalposts, you were 100% incorrect.

People are annoyed because this was a very long and rather slow event - 28+ days and people are now realising that it was all pointless. What's the point of collecting the candies if you can't get the prize at the end? Why dangle the shiny object to a cat if the cat is behind glass? The little prizes on the way are supposed to be the appetisers, not the consolation prize.

And don't give me that F2P crap - I'm a dolphin, I've bought a few DPs and guaranteed packages. I have 450 candies and I'm not getting to 777. This is what happens when you lock collectables behind an "RNG event", as you put it - no one can buy luck. So all Shift Up have done is piss off their F2P audience and most of their paying audience (I ain't paying £24 for a sub-par Soul Carta lmao). Bad luck for anyone who hasn't had good luck with the loot boxes, right? Great way to piss off your audience.

I will never understand why people defend gacha companies, with this weird implication of some kind of entitlement whenever their playerbase has a gripe. I want DC to do well, so I praise it when it's good and I criticise it when it starts being naughty - you gain nothing by mindlessly defending the game. I don't give a shit about other gachas, I don't even play them. I judge DC on its own merits. Hell, we would never have gotten 1% banners if the members of the DC community with a backbone hadn't lost their shit during the KF collab event. If SU want the game to do well, they need to price their packages more sensibly and be more transparent in their future "RNG events". The £7.99 Rebirth package is a great example.

I mean, big think time now - why is it that people enjoyed the fireworks event but haven't enjoyed the pumpkin candy event? Think really hard on why.

• CRBY LV.19 Sage Nov 18, 2019, 11:20 PM

The rewards from the Pumpkin event were way more though. Like way more!

Shit like that KF collab event are not acceptable, I agree. But here you are just complaining for getting 200+ BG´s for free and tons of other stuff. And why is it that you are complaining? Because you had different expectations. No one lied to you, it was your expectations.

I criticize this game more than you do, but I do it when it is actually justified:

- KF event was shit
    - Monetization has been mostly shit
    - Summoning Pool for limited characters have been shit

There is a lot to complain about. But complaining that you got unlucky in a clear as blue sky RNG event is just whining. Especially since you get so much valuable free stuff by just playing. You can´t just look at the game on it´s own, you have to see it in the whole gacha universe. It is miles ahead in terms of F2P compared to literally any other gacha, miles ahead.

• LycaDelish LV.22 RIP Nov 18, 2019, 11:42 PM

200+ free blood gems? What are you on about? The fireworks event gave everyone two copies of a great SC, the pumpkin event has given me mostly Rebirth coins. It's a clear downgrade and I certainly don't want our next collectables event to be reliant on shitty lootbox RNG.

I also find it amusing that you say how obvious it was this was a clearly RNG-reliant event from the start, but we didn't even know what the second half of the event was until WB was over. You knew how may dice rolls we were going to get post-WB, did you? Are you Sherlock Holmes?

Calling every complaint in this thread "whining" makes it clear you're a fanboy, not an actual fan. I can see there is no point discussing this further with you.

• NO NAME verified Nov 18, 2019, 06:30 PM

Dude, why are you such a cheerleader? First of all, your primary defense is a total straw man. Nobody cares about how shitty most gacha games are. Let’s focus on this gacha, the only one relevant in this discussion. Also, “good for a gacha” is an incredibly low bar. Gachas are notoriously exploitative. It’s akin to raving about how incredibly polite a serial killer is, as far as serial killers go.

It’s perfectly okay to critique something you otherwise enjoy. It’s often the only way to make it better. No matter how many positives a product has, it can always be better and all successful long-term businesses strive for excellence. When they settle for “good enough,” they usually get worse instead of better. You don’t have to defend every DCG cash grab just because you love the game. Most of us enjoy the game. We wouldn’t be here otherwise.

Of course DCG needs to make money and nobody is arguing against them turning a profit. The point you’re arguing against is that players, both F2P and official sponsors, need to feel that their time and effort is being rewarded. A 28 day event that requires extreme luck that only a tiny minority will achieve isn’t a good thing, regardless of how much you love the game.

They need to balance the reward structure so that if a carrot is dangled, time and effort should allow players to reach it. It should never depend strictly on insane luck against incredible odds.

As for the money, countless players have begged for more reasonable pricing since day 1. As monthly revenue continues to fall and is now half of what it was in January, now’s a great time to focus on that instead of defending $30+ mission pass purchase requirements for monthlong events.

You can love something while still acknowledging its capacity for improvement. Please stop the gacha comp BS.

• CRBY LV.19 Sage Nov 18, 2019, 11:27 PM

You knew it was RNG from the start, so the only one defending something irrelevant is you with your whiney presence here. If it would have turned out to be RNG (unexpectedly) later on into the event, then I would be right there with you complaining. I am calling this company out when they are doing actual shit, and this is not such a case. You need incentives to spend in any gacha. And it will be costly 99% of the time. However a good gacha presents itself by compensating for those crazy prices by providing a fluid stream of valuable F2P rewards. If you are not accepting that process then you have nothing lost in a mobile game, like literally nothing.

• NO NAME verified Nov 19, 2019, 02:16 AM

That is factually incorrect. We had no idea what the second half of the event was going to be. It was only mentioned briefly that it was a two part event. It was reasonable to assume most would achieve the final reward if they they did everything they could all 28 days.

My whiney presence here? I’m not the one arguing with multiple people here about how DCG can do no wrong. I’m also not the one called crybaby.

I have absolutely no idea what your final statement was intended to relay. I do know that I have spent more than you in this game, that I have higher expectations for my time and effort, and that time is lost every time one disagrees with the ultimate DCG cheerleader crybaby8! 😂

• DoS LV.13 Titan Nov 17, 2019, 01:54 AM

Hm, I currently sitting at 572 candies and didn't buy anything.

• Jacky_My_Boy LV.21 Zombie Nov 17, 2019, 04:15 AM

All I can say that you got lucky, bcs I only have 496 candies rn. Im guessing that you probably got 1st or 2nd reward of Jack O Lantern Set as well.

• DoS LV.13 Titan Nov 18, 2019, 02:58 AM

Nope not even once...had only 4th...

• dikstra LV.20 S Nov 17, 2019, 02:08 PM

I'm sitting at 443 candies and didn't buy anything. Yes, guys such as you are just plain lucky. You're not the norm.

• LavyB LV.5 Lurker Nov 17, 2019, 11:55 AM

Currently at 623 candies with 11 days left on the mission. Only got got 2nd prize from lucky box once. Haven't purchased anything besides daily support service.

• Jacky_My_Boy LV.21 Zombie Nov 18, 2019, 09:04 PM

Well GZ man, u have a chance to reach 777, gl with that.

• Maestron LV.5 Lurker Nov 19, 2019, 12:06 AM

i am gonna get you some tissues, gimme a sec. i pulled that carta from the banner on my first multi you snob. you could try that as well or enjoy the game otherwise.

• Jacky_My_Boy LV.21 Zombie Nov 19, 2019, 01:11 AM

Home