Rosy LV.32 Rare Candy
Dec 15, 2019, 02:37 PM 548 read

should Nicole be placed on the 3rd or 7th board of the narrative dungeon?

FORUM
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - should Nicole be placed on the 3rd or 7th board of the narrative dungeon? image 1

The last time that a featured unit was on the 3rd board was during the Ashtoreth & Noel narrative.

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - should Nicole be placed on the 3rd or 7th board of the narrative dungeon? image 3

With the unit on the 3rd board, players were able to get the character early and not have to spend as much stamina & time to claim it. With the narrative finished early, players said that it was boring with 15 days remaining in the event. The format was changed so that the reward is much farther to get. After 1 day, there are players that have already claimed Nicole from the 7th board because they bull rushed through the narrative by using up the hundreds of stamina that they had hoarded. Now they say that they have nothing to do since they have completed the dungeon. If the unit is on an early grid, there is a feeling of dead air after finishing early. If it is on a late grid, players still find it boring if they speed through the narrative. This is a lose-lose situation. Whether the new unit is put on an early board or a late board, players are still not satisfied with the narrative dungeon.

Comment 8

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Dec 15, 2019, 06:02 PM

i think its ok considering the mission pass has you only collecting 50 bells to get her.

• NO NAME verified Dec 16, 2019, 01:55 AM

Some are going to complain about ND no matter what because it’s “easy” to clear quickly if 1) you have excess stamina to burn through it fast OR 2) you’re super lucky with pulling top reward and resetting the board early. Most players don’t have excess stamina hoarded and most aren’t super lucky, so I believe ND works for the majority of the base.

I am at the same spot as you, but with 15 days to go I’m not sweating it (yet).

I love ND/Paradice/any low stress activity during lulls. Ragna Break is exhausting if you go all out. It’s just not feasible to have Ragna after Ragna for most players. Balance is key, and I think they’ve found a nice rhythm.

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Dec 16, 2019, 11:12 AM

I agree 100%. Especially with the holidays coming upon us, spend time with friends and family instead of grinding those RAIDs! Ranga is exhausting but can be rewarding. These little breaks in between events during holidays is nice.

• Archfiend Laharl LV.23 Warrior Dec 16, 2019, 03:56 AM

Oh, no matter how it's done it will never satisfy everyone. That's just the nature of things, though.

As far as people who finished early, whether via luck or grinding, the number who are complaining doesn't seem significantly high even among our small sample size here. Moreover, some of those posts are just people low key flexing on us, not truly complaining.

Finishing early is objectively positive. Now those players can devote their time and stamina to building resources and leveling that sweet Nicole they just got. The idea that anyone would be sad that they don't get to grind low level gems and equipment from the board anymore seems farfetched to me. I have yet to read about someone who, after getting the blood gem and being able to move to the next board, stayed to complete the current board fully.

Hm...would the NB be more appealing if the rewards within the board were more appealing?

• darling LV.5 Parasite Dec 15, 2019, 06:41 PM

That's just how it goes I suppose. You couldn't implement a stamina usage cap simply because of RNG. It's kinda unavoidable.

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Dec 16, 2019, 04:33 AM

*low key flexing* Narrative Dungeon? What narrative dungeon?

lol

• Danbo de Piano LV.27 Bamboozled Dec 16, 2019, 01:40 AM

wasn't the other ND where the unit was earlier shorter duration ? also there was no competing onyx dungeon , so pretty generous of them to set up this way

• Mirastoria LV.22 S Dec 16, 2019, 09:03 PM

To be honest, what we really need is Christmas Leda, we get Nicole from Mission Pass and Dice (⌒▽⌒)

Home