Bikini Lisa LV.19 Boo!
Jan 4, 2020, 08:33 AM 847 read

Question about Charlotte

FORUM

So I keep trying to bring Charlotte into PVP but I am finding her extremely underwhelming. If I do her slide when the enemy has a barrier all it does is destroy the barrier. I don't see her do any damage to the targets HP. I finally decided to make this post because I got a crit with Charlotte versus a barrier and it didn't do any damage to their HP even though the hit was over 5000. Am I missing something on how she interacts with barriers or am I just blind?

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Question about Charlotte image 2

Comment 7

• Bearsss LV.13 Chief Jan 4, 2020, 09:27 AM

If they have a barrier at all, her attack does the bonus damage (ignores defense). The bonus damage can be entirely eaten by the barrier. The bonus damage is not multiplied by a crit.

• Farron LV.24 Dragon Jan 4, 2020, 01:15 PM

That begs the question: Does any child in game destroy barriers and do HP damage at the same time? Or does barriers protect against HP damage regardless of how much barrier is left (ex: dealing 1000 damage on 500 barrier)?

• Mmiayiuckoi LV.8 Nomad Jan 4, 2020, 01:28 PM

I think you're talking about Fortitude which is what Syrinx uses which will block ALL damage and is completely different from Barrier. Barriers will only block a certain amount of damage. Any damage above a Barrier's limit will deal HP damage. There is a character (Ashtoreth) that can break through Fortitude as well.

• Farron LV.24 Dragon Jan 4, 2020, 02:03 PM

Ah, right, that's what i was uncertain about. Thx for clearing that up!

• Bearsss LV.13 Chief Jan 4, 2020, 01:42 PM

You take whatever damage is left after the barrier absorbs its remaining amount.

http://riceminejp.mnyiaa.com/childs/5stars/ophois (JP) and
    http://riceminegl.mnyiaa.com/childs/5stars/luin (Global) do

Maybe more but these were the two that came to mind.

• Farron LV.24 Dragon Jan 4, 2020, 02:08 PM

Oh ok, see what was confusing me now. Thanks for pointing out those DC resources 👍

• Windzz LV.5 Lurker Jan 4, 2020, 02:53 PM

high uncapped Charlotte destroys anything with barrier.
    unless the enemy team gets syrinx blocking the attack totally.

Home