Paul Green LV.20 S
Jul 24, 2020, 12:16 PM 629 read

Thoughts on Annie

FORUM

I've read some early analysis of Annie here on moot and it seems some have lost their shine on her. While I do have reservations, I'm here to dispel some worries: Annie is the furry-eared, swimsuit slinging, oddly wood elemental Child (despite wielding water) package of fun we all thought she'd be.   The more common retort against Annie is Jacheongbi's existence. While my own JCB is +6 and maxed and wonderful as a result (and thus I use her on ragna since my own Annie is +0...) Annie powercreeps Jacheongbi on certain conditions. If you read the JP ricemine page on Annie, it's pretty explicit: "Successfully powercreeped JCB (Jiseihi) [Jacheongbi for global] in Ragna when paired with crit."   For the most part, I would agree. Here are some of my reasons:   1. Annie's leader skill is ridiculous and harkens back to 5* Deino's leader skill that was introduced in the Demeter Ragna. I don't think anyone complained about Deino then; in fact, nearly every one shot team needed her. My fully uncapped Eve and Thanatos with maxed skills had no chance of getting even close to the damage output of Deino, even with the same team comp and kit. I expect the same once the 2nd day passes and one-shot ladder becomes available. The top teams will have Annie in them.   2. Her slide bonus damage is immense. With her leader skill set and when paired with Pantheon, Annie will be criting for days. That fixed damage bonus is no joke; every crit will hit like a truck. Pair her with G. Bathory to get the debuff bonus and that's more icing on the cake.   3. The Ragna is still early. Not everyone can uncap her to +6 and so cannot enjoy the full potential of Annie. I saved crystals for this event as well and dropped 80k for her. Got a single copy and a whole bunch of repeat 5*. Big sad, but HOR let me buff up my water units for the upcoming Tamomo world boss. I'm not concerned though because over time I'll build her up bit by bit and unleash her in future raid and world boss events.   Now, I mentioned reservations. Here are a few:   1. I use JCB in Ragna. Her tap is fast, strong and buffable with leader skills and existing carta. It can outdamage her slide over time even when considering the bonus water damage and the extra utility in vampiric healing. She doesn't require Mei/Chang'e to be effective while Annie can always use the 2 second boost to spam slide and has new carta specifically designed for her, thus requiring further investment for maximum output,   2. Most folks' JCB is leveled while Annie is not. Disillusionment comes fast and heavy, especially when the results don't match the expectation. In a utilitarian sense, I can see why JCB is favored here, thus a reason why I use JCB.   3. B. Lisa exists. While B. Hildr has the benefit of Concentration Drive, neither JCB nor Annie have anything to boost their fever damage to the level of B. Hildr. However, Annie spams slides while JCB spams taps, meaning B. Lisa's drive skill overwhelmingly favors JCB. Furthermore, while Annie gets bonus damage from G. Bathory's skills, JCB can also benefit from the debuffs as well.   At the end of the day, I have my predictions and preferences. So, while JCB will shoot down my Billy raids left and right for the next 2 weeks, Annie will grace my home screen for the rest of the summer. New Childs are nice, after all~~

Comment 11

• Fayth LV.11 Chief Jul 24, 2020, 12:25 PM

Unfortunately folks with +6 Annie are the ones complaining so... an unmaxed Annie really isn't the problem here.

Not that I'm complaining, I'm perfectly happy to run with JCB.

E: don't forget, she powercreeps JP JCB who has a 1x tap. Our JCB has a 3x tap.

• IcyLin LV.21 Sharpshooter Jul 24, 2020, 01:56 PM

Wrote this in other thread but will copy here:
    Annie will really shine when we'll get Fancy Sytri(wood buffer) with Tap(lvl 1):
    Deals 393 damage to target, for 2 highest attack allies, skill gauge +17%.
    · For Ragna only, for one highest attack wood ally, 45% chance to Apply "Concentration" (100% Critical Rate and Hit Rate) for 20s.

• Luciferia~✿ LV.23 Monster Jul 24, 2020, 02:29 PM

Ah~ I cannot wait until those events hit global. It's another chapter-by-chapter format thru Valentine's Day events~💕

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Jul 24, 2020, 01:19 PM

Thing with Deino is, we didn't have any water attackers specifically made for raids so, non-raid attackers like Thanatos and Eve couldn't compare to her like Jache and Annie are compared right now.

And what happened with Deino is going to happen again when Love Hate Davi drops because we don't have any raid-specific fire attackers on global.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 24, 2020, 03:55 PM

When I was building Deino, I managed to kill Lv. 40 Crimson Demeter with Thanatos. Thanatos kills raid bosses the same way Elizabeth and Jacheongbi does. I may have some footage of that.

We had a collaboration raid with Catherine and we used Medb to take her out.

I'd expect Annie to work the same way Medb did, but it's not happening.

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Jul 24, 2020, 04:19 PM

I know, we were talking together back then. Now I'm talking about raid attackers that completely outclass non-raid attackers in raids. Deino could one-shot Demeter at lower uncaps if you remember. She is to Thanatos what B.Hildr is to Cleopatra, for the lack of a better analogy.

Attackers with no raid skills to speak of can do one-shots as well, but it's not easy to pull off. I mean, a team I just slapped together can do this amount of damage at fullauto and x3. And honestly I can settle with this because I don't care about rankings.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 24, 2020, 04:56 PM

Whaaat !?

Dude. People will accuse you of hacking. Maybe the devs themselves might be shocked.

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Jul 24, 2020, 05:08 PM

Hahah, the devs are busy fixing Annie right about now.

Anyway, I'll probably replace Chang'e with Annie for her leader buff and see if I can do better with this team. Since Abaddon is doing all the work and he never goes into cooldown.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 24, 2020, 07:25 PM

Did you by any chance achieve that with auto ? Found an older video where someone 1 shotted Billy and they used auto. So I set up auto for one of my arrangements and I did much better.

With Annie I had her loop between tap and swipe, which is more effective than just swiping.

• Ravenous LV.23 Titan Jul 24, 2020, 09:20 PM

Toeknee  Yeah. Like I said, fullauto and x3. I took advantage of the new system and set up skill and drive order pretty much like I would play on manual. Attached a picture below.

By the way, Annie is a slider. You want to constantly slide with her. Replace B.Lisa with Chang'e to reduce cooldowns or with a -DEF% debuffer to gain the bonus damage from her slide since the benefit from using Lisa is the damage boost you gain during fever but now you want to drive with Annie before fever.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 24, 2020, 04:48 PM

Paul Green.

From my perspective it's easy to imagine if I never had Annie +6 with all the fixins. I would think those complaining about Annie don't know how to play the game. After all I do approach each raid with a "can do" attitude like yourself.

The boss has no barriers or any special defenses. This becomes mysterious the more you fence with her.

- Annie is leader

- Pantheon is present

- Annie's damage output is much lower than you imagine. On paper yes it's insane, but you never really saw it yet. It's like Jacheongbi's except slower. She needs to hit harder but she doesn't. Medb had higher numbers in wood ragna, while that boss had 1 million less HP than this boss.

- I have experience killing raids with slide skills. I'm actually good at this game.

- Did the B. Lisa and Wodan, Even tried Bathory. Went in without Neptune even and the Damage was pretty much the same. I'm not even sure if double edge sword is even working man. We can survive without a proper healer though.

- Boss has just over 6 million HP. Getting her down to half is insanely tough. ( You should see my best capture of how I schooled Altered Davi )

Or take a look at the raids "1 Shot" event in the link.

https://moot.us/lounges/73/boards/1729/posts/4257621/event-one-shot-one-kill

- It's empty at this point in time. Not 1 hotshot showing their glory.

- Even Altered Davi's Raid, we were there on day 1 showing off our 1 shots.

- This summer event is borderline lewd. The big sexy.

- No other child in DC global history, had sooo many members showing off their Annie summons.

Bruh, the boss is naked. And THIS raid, the community is quiet about their performances. Wwwwwwwwwhat does all of this tell you about this boss ?

I came in thinking this boss would be a piece of cake. I marveled at how powerful Annie's specs seem with other members on here. No one really dies when you approach Billy when she has 100% health. We just get sent away to spend another ticket or call for help. That's a problem for some of us who want that skin.

I'll tell you this. Until this boss gets solved. Billy will probably gently push you away with Annie the exact same way she does to you right now with Jacheongbi. Or maybe tomorrow when Slayer raid opens, we'll see combinations at the top we never thought of.

It'll be interesting

Home