mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master
Sep 17, 2020, 07:45 PM 965 read

Medusa WB: first impressions

FORUM

Man, that petrify can be brutal! 😭   Like with double-sided Moa, I'm losing some front line childs every attempt. I had to move Leda and Mars to the back row just so after Medusa's drive they could at least throw up a heal and barrier.   I can just about break 4 million (Bastet is not pulling her weight for some reason!) but I need a tonne of onyx for some of my neglected light units.   How is everyone else faring so far?  

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Medusa WB: first impressions image 2

Comment 28

• Hellrasier LV.7 Nomad Sep 17, 2020, 10:36 PM

i honestly can't be f****d to even bother at this point, I haven't got the right units upgraded, I have no idea on how to make a good team and I don't have the luck to get certain units from summoning

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Sep 17, 2020, 11:05 PM

Units _and_ Soul Carta. My team doesn't die (although at one point I thought to give up predefined Drive order so that Maat would rez the dead debuffer or supporter), but I only have 1 of each WB-specialized light cartas. At least mirrors drop the same at 4m or 14m damage.

• mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master Sep 17, 2020, 11:24 PM

Use this guide as a starting point.

If you don't have the exact units, sub in ones that you have that are similar. The first one or two WB or Ragna events are always going to be rough as you build up strength but use them as an opportunity to prepare yourself for the future.
    Remember, there are rewards for taking part so keep trying!

• Hellrasier LV.7 Nomad Sep 18, 2020, 04:17 AM

okay i may actually have a chance now thank you :)

• Hellrasier LV.7 Nomad Sep 18, 2020, 05:16 AM

hey, you wouldn't happen to know a guide like this for pvp would you?

• mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master Sep 18, 2020, 07:08 AM

there are some basic guides out the but I have nothing saved, sorry.
    Your best bet would be to post your PvP line up and ask for suggestions. the meta changes every few months as new PvP units are added to the game.

• gamer753682099 LV.9 Nomad Sep 18, 2020, 02:57 PM

I try this guide and i got annihilate

• mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master Sep 18, 2020, 08:07 PM

the guide helps but it's not perfect. there's a post by Corn Corn who gets 33 million damage with zero deaths. they use quite a few units that's are not on the guide or are low ranked.
    however, they are a whale and the team's combat power is over 500k so that helps too! 😂

• Doubtful_Sm0k3r LV.24 Insomniac Sep 20, 2020, 05:56 PM

At least I'm not the only one :')

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Sep 17, 2020, 08:05 PM

Struggling with survivability too. My werewolf is dying every time. Gotta move her back and continue tweaking my team

• mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master Sep 17, 2020, 11:17 PM

What's your average damage for a run?

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Sep 18, 2020, 03:17 AM

Meh 6-7M. I did some tweaks and not consistently hitting 8, but I still need that little push ;)

• mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master Sep 18, 2020, 03:23 AM

consistency is always the problem with these things, isn't it?

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Sep 18, 2020, 03:49 PM

How is Eve's poison ?

If you keep Eve then Thetis should only slide. Eve isn't being used by the hotshots but your case is different.

Bastet is tap only.

If you have Light Mona bring it on. Her slide skill will speed buff up to 3 light attackers. Replace Moa.

If you keep Cleo and if she gets speed buffed, command her to T, S.

Unlike last time make all debuffers just use slide.

Babel is back in style. His slide will slow the bosses drive gauge which actually is a good thing.

Once again your party is more powerful than mine and I broke 24 million without a tank. My Bastet dishes out the most abuse but as you can see my Bastet is soggy compared to yours.

I do examine the top players parties and was shocked to see Chang'e not being used. *Shocked !*

• Chlobsy LV.26 Rare Candy Sep 18, 2020, 10:18 PM

As always, I loves you recommendations and tips :)
    Gives me great info to try out different teams and combos.

I am really loving these WB's that are making us work for our damage :P I am not a huge strategist, but loving the community working together and helping.

SDIE NOTE: I thought LB Mona and Chang'e cancelled each other out. I have to leave Moa [no other options] and dumped Mars. I have been seeing Billie and Iphis in higher teams, both of mine are not bad leveled. Gotta keep trying!!

About Wood: My Brownie is weak, I don't have Luin and F Sytry, only one copy. Those are some amazing childs for WB, gonna have to start working on them.

Keep you posted of my tweaks :)

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Sep 19, 2020, 07:07 AM

Mona canceling Chang'e. That rings a bell and it absolutely makes perfect sense when we look at what they do. I'm going to say I forgot about that since that time Davi went insane and tried to kill us in that dark raid.

Billy is an option cause of water snakes, plus when paired with Babel, the boss has 0 chance of using drive skill, though I managed to see that happen with just Babel. But with Billy alone Medusa will paralyze your party significantly less.

• Dmemphiz LV.7 Nomad Sep 17, 2020, 09:07 PM

My survivability went up with Limos slide but her defense got more brutal.

• mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master Sep 17, 2020, 11:18 PM

I might have to experiment with Limos then to see if that helps any.

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Sep 17, 2020, 09:16 PM

She also gets stacks of attack buffs, probably getting in the way of buff removal. And the counter-petrify triggers on auto attacks. 🙂 R.i.p., front line Maat.

• mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master Sep 17, 2020, 11:19 PM

Yeah, I can't really tell if Nirrti is doing all that much by herself. 🤔

• ★テERRリ☆①⑨⑧⑦★ LV.24 Monster Sep 18, 2020, 11:52 AM

For everyone except hardcore experts, use childs with high defense on the front row. Healers and defenders are the best bets. And preferably, NOT the Light childs. Simply because Light and Dark are weak against each other. So Medusa's drive can heavily damage Light Childs.
    So arrange all your strongest Light childs on the back row. That way, they can still hang on and fight back. If you have the booster childs (Luna & Light Werewolf), put them to the front.

(BTW, my team delivers an avg of 850k each time. So my suggestion is for those who is struggling to get past 500k or so. )

• ManaZ LV.13 Rootin Tootin Sep 21, 2020, 01:30 PM

i do 15 to 19 millions with this build.
    Dark Davi is protecting the front line from being petrified by decreasing the WB attack accuracy and also debuff accuracy.

Wood Sytry and Niriti are there to protect the team from Medusa's counter petrification.

I hope this will help.

• mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master Sep 28, 2020, 05:08 AM

I managed to pull wood Sytry about a week in and she helped pushed me up but I really needed to build my Lan Fei or get Babel to neutralise Medusa's drive. Oh well, something to consider for the next tricky WB. 😁

• ✨MohaCherrouq✨ LV.23 Gameboy Sep 18, 2020, 05:57 AM

change mona by Sytry (leader)

• mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master Sep 18, 2020, 07:09 AM

I've changed the leader to Luna now that I've got her and my damage has gone up to over 5 million. 😁

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Sep 18, 2020, 03:28 PM

Mr. Rubbish. Bastet must be set to only tap.

Let Bastet also be in the top 2 attackers. ( For Pantheon buff ) She can pull her weight this way. She will be your #1 damage dealer.

• mr.rubbish LV.20 Pokémon Master Sep 18, 2020, 08:02 PM

yeah, she was already on tap but I'm needing to make equipment tweaks. getting closer to 6 million!

• ManaZ LV.13 Rootin Tootin Sep 21, 2020, 01:27 PM

Home