Toeknee LV.23 Warrior
Mar 20, 2021, 05:28 PM 770 read

P2W to F2P

FORUM

I'm made this thread in response to Zombie Dane's inquiry in another thread cause notifications for replies is broken. I ended up yappin a lot. I wasn't crazy about clearing out the store shelf like the other whales, I just wanted to complete units, get the prism, and be satisfied with my performance at every event. I did spend a staggering amount in DC. More than any game I've ever played, and I'll keep it that way.

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - P2W to F2P image 2

In the image Rusalka is highlighted. That's my final p2w. - p2w = Any child before Rusalka that isn't completed in the image, I have their final copy locked away for another time. In other words, I have them. - f2p = Any unit after Rusalka, doesn't get completed, in most cases not even close. There we see Frosty Saturn good and done, I might have forgotten how that happened. It's likely completing her came with a prize considering I have no intetest in using her, but by some freak accident I was able to complete her. Possibly it was from trying to complete Snowy Neptune with HoR. Bloodgems to me are a mild bonus I barely care about, so I'll gamble them away 33 at a time in HoR once in awhile. I use ☆4 units for that. Of course I can't do this all that often.

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - P2W to F2P image 4

The above image we see Virupa 6☆+2 with a normal SC. In p2w I'd make sure to get a prism but now I couldn't be arsed. F2p so I leveled her to 50 with level up materials and grindind her to 60. Between her and the carta it ran me about 40,000 or so crystals, and 1 copy of her came from HoR. Of all the units I don't have done, she is that one bad ass I should probably pick up. Just rolled for her once tonight and left it at that. Sure I've been killing the raid boss with Ignited Eve, Quicker than any raid too. In WB's I also settle for whatever. 20-30 million damage. See it's not because of the pandemic or financial issues as to why I stopped giving Shiftup hundreds of dollars a month. It's because I do think of this game as a bad habit, like gambling or crack, or something that can and actually has ruined lives, so striving to be number 1 is without a doubt a fools errand. However. If you been around for awhile, the game ends up with a nice ring to it. How reusable our collection has become, especially Eve, for the love of God she is the best attacker in the game period. Underground. Eve. Story Mode at high levels. Eve. Labyrinth. Eve. PvP. Eve. Fire Raid. Eve. ND. Eve. WB ? Eve in most cases is too strong and will take away buff priority from others, though when it comes to WB poison, Thetis must give up her SC to Eve. Years later and some of the first gen units are still the best at what they do. The point I'm making is. It hasn't been necessary to max out the latest unit for some time. Virupa is special in fire raids only, but not important to max out for the long time players for now. I don't know if she's stronger than Thanatos in WB, but probably not when i think about it. When WB has 12 million HP, then Virupa will be valuable to the long time regulars and hopefully the f2p players can have her ready when that day comes.

Comment 29

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Mar 20, 2021, 11:14 PM

Well, Eve is certainly *not* the best at fire raid, just check the leader board. She's definitely good, though.

I've been f2p for a little over a year now. I try to get new characters to level 60 for mission pass bonuses and just for completion.

I bought the anniversary attendance deal and sometimes I get a gold and onyx pack, so maybe $5-10 a month.

• gamer323949942 LV.6 Nomad Mar 21, 2021, 06:04 AM

eve is actually the best at slide skill and best dealing real damage, only virupa(overpowered) is better than her . . .

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 21, 2021, 07:36 AM

Virupa is a raid attacker and her full potential is only available in raids. In every other event, PvE, PvP, and even WB, Virupa cannot deal more damage than Eve in those arenas.

As a reminder, this thread is geared toward p2w to f2p, so I'm not going to be like, "Yeah man get 7 copies of Virupa and light her up!"

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Mar 21, 2021, 03:52 PM

I'm f2p, always have been, and can't afford to fully ignite Eve. So 2 cores in Virupa to one shot the boss is the best route for me (and a lot of others). No uncaps needed!

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Mar 21, 2021, 03:51 PM

🤔 Uhm... that's what I said. lol Virupa is better for raid. The devs aren't going to leave one character as best at everything forever.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 21, 2021, 07:28 AM

That's right, Eve isn't the best at Fire raids, no one is saying that. For everything else Eve is much better though, cause Varupa's full potential is limited to raids. In terms of f2p Eve is Excellent considering she's been around since day 1, and for regulars, they likely have her.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Mar 21, 2021, 04:03 PM

It was implied, though... In your original post, that Eve was best at everything

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 22, 2021, 03:18 PM

Best attacker in the game, absolutely. That is different than saying she's the best at everything. No one is the best at everything, but again, Eve is the best attacker so far.

This is due to her flexibility.

Story mode at high levels, she kills 3 opponents at a time in a single swipe. No one else does that.

Labyrinth, she's most lethal. We can score a bad for her drive skill and the opponents get cleared out.

In PvP, Eve distributes her damage evenly. When I bring Pantheon to PvP with Eve and Sniper Hildr, Eve will kill 3 opponents while Hildr will kill 2.

When it comes to other attackers in PvP. No matter how strong you make them, they will always be limited to dealing 40% damage to the other party, while Eve will do 60% and change.

But even without Pantheon, if Eve has to hit them twice, she can then drop her drive skill and by that time all hope is lost for the opponent.

As for "this" Fire Raid, Eve is a resource saver and without a doubt the wiser choice for a f2p player who has her. I have my raid party on full auto at x3 speed, and the raid is done which is satisfying.

My Eve can do up to 27,000 Fevertime with 400something poison damage which is significant.

I also mentioned, Virupa will be more valuable to us later down the road when Raid's are breaking 12 million HP.

But yes, when I say Eve is the best attacker in the game, I'm dead serious. Virupa will really shine at a later date probably in the very next Fire Raid event, but this raid, due to expenses and resources, she isn't the wise choice when we can cut the boss down with Mafdet, Eve, Deino in 2 minutes or so.

Another thing to consider with Virupa, we'll use her 3 times a year if lucky but probably twice. Personally I'd rather ignite others, these cores are rare.

• P. Argonaut LV.22 Insomniac Mar 23, 2021, 11:52 AM

Sure, if you have fully ignited Eve go ahead and use her. I don't. I'm f2p and can't afford to fully ignite everyone. So having a top tier attacker for raid with only two cores was great.

I'm just saying the way you said Eve was best attacker period and then listed each specific game mode and put Eve period implies that Eve is the best at each specific game mode. Which she may have been. But not best at raid anymore.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 23, 2021, 02:52 PM

You can insist I implied Eve is the best at raids all you wish, I understand how one would think that's what I said, though I did say in the OP Virupa will be more valuable "to long time regulars" when WB has 12,000,000 HP.

Is Eve better than Virupa in raids ? Absolutely not. Virupa has special skills that only work in raids.

I honestly never had to blow away 40,000 crystals and 7 million or so gold on Virupa, and seriously, igniting Virupa is a drag especially at this point in time, while an Eve party can kill the boss in 2 minutes and change, on Auto.

This raid. For long time users who have completed a unit strong enough to kill this boss, that unit is the wiser choice compared to getting Virupa and igniting her and doing the carta, or getting 7 copies of her. etc. Then only use her twice a year

• TJ Li LV.19 Sage Mar 21, 2021, 12:43 PM

This game is very generous with 5* child/tickets. I have never bought any equipments or SC. The only child I brought was light Neptune under the annual child selection. I think it was $25 each plus a copy of Athena other then that all the childs are from grinding and HoR. I didn't spend a single penny until the game introduced micro transection. Even then I mostly just buy gold, onyx package and the cheap blood gem package. For HoR purpose the premium attendance are super cheap less then $2.00 per 5*child. Even the premium attendance for SC are excellent valine if you need some of the latest SC. As long as they have good deals I will be more than happy to support the dev.

• TJ Li LV.19 Sage Mar 21, 2021, 12:43 PM

• TJ Li LV.19 Sage Mar 21, 2021, 12:44 PM

• TJ Li LV.19 Sage Mar 21, 2021, 12:45 PM

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 21, 2021, 03:37 PM

Childs I don't think I ever bought, they are expensive. Premium attendance is definitely one of their better deals, though I still reckon they would make more money if their prices were way lower due to higher volume in sales. Though I'll admit, the high price does make scoring the new unit and prism much sweeter.

For this WB I'll take it easy and get 1 copy of the new unit and carry on saving crystals.

When it comes to supporting the devs, It's probably safe for me to say I've done so more than most users by a landslide.

• TJ Li LV.19 Sage Mar 21, 2021, 04:10 PM

Do you grind for wb coins? It's the oniy event worth spending crystals on because of wb shop.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 22, 2021, 03:30 AM

Not as much as I can. Usually I don't end up with enough to get the smaller prizes.

I'll get the unit and the 5☆ ticket, evolution material etc.

Maybe i value the crystals more than the smaller rewards.

My highest record in WB is in the image, of course that was last time. I do like to see higher dmg everytime, but I never strive to be in top 100.

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Mar 21, 2021, 05:08 PM

i feel ya on that one. payed so so so many times more then i have for a new AAA game.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 22, 2021, 02:38 PM

I played Final Fantasy XI Online, retail, for 7 years at $12.95 per month and that was way cheaper.

I think If Shiftup gave us half of what they are selling for $20 a month, their income would sky rocket. I could be wrong about that, but as I always say, it's more profitable to sell Honda than Lamborghini to the masses.

• Zombie Dane LV.27 Team Rocket Mar 21, 2021, 12:04 AM

Yeah I was just wondering cuz I went f2p around the same time as you did. that was all. and its not like it isn't possible to get the new sc and lvl it all the way up with being f2p

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 21, 2021, 07:51 AM

Well I knew you were kidding, but it does make for a good topic of discussion.

It would've been extremely difficult to upgrade that SC if it wasn't for that recent Gold Dungeon bonus. It's been awhile since I upgraded a regular carta.

The carta for the time being is useless cause I probably won't bother completing Virupa at this point in time while I prepare for WB.

The long awaited wood ignition is probably happening now.

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Mar 21, 2021, 12:04 PM

Me too I stopped max SC, I have already enough for Ragna and WBs.
    I need to save ignition cores (I have 5 now) for Wood, than for Dark... I will ignite 1 attacker for both color if possible.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 21, 2021, 02:42 PM

We were once evenly matched Gatsu, that time we were trying to find ways to do more wb damage, but you're clearly stronger than me now lol.

I only have 3 fully ignited units. One of them being the affordable Mech Commander.

If i craft them I'll have 15 cores, which isn't that many. I literally will not ignite any units unless I'm forced to.

I noticed PvP is getting harder, and these are the units I really want ignited, but I have to be patient and see. And yes I know I'll probably end up igniting Bridal Hildr on that terrible day.

• ZelphuS LV.23 Good Leader Mar 22, 2021, 04:58 AM

This game is a real FREE TO PLAY !

I am totally free to play at the start of my account in January 2019.

Just the ignitions materials is so BAD now for a f2player we need patience for get a full ignition on a very great child.

PS : For the future a f2player we need to play full manual in PvP for win after ignition wood incoming.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 22, 2021, 02:55 PM

ZelphuS ! ( I say it the way you do )

I hear that French accent when I read your post.

No one can say you never supported the devs cause you did get some merchandise. I still watched your unboxing of the 2 books and keychains and others Shiftup goods.

We spend our crystals and we get a lot of 5☆ fodder and save them up now. Because you're so vocal about f2p you for one have shown the community that f2p can indeed deliver satisfactory numbers in raids and WB.

See I paid a lot, yet we have the same units and our performance is roughly the same. At this point it's all about crafting stones and core materials.

• dr badunkachud LV.13 Chief Mar 22, 2021, 06:38 AM

Definitely have to be picky about full ignition on f2p. Eve is a good choice but others are good too, many can perform in pvp, pve, underground, labyrinth etc and do ok.

Personally I’ve been putting a couple of cores on key support and debuff for certain skills because you can use them in all the events instead of attackers. Pantheon, L werewolf, Thisbe, newbie Mona will get some, etc. seems like a better use of limited resources imo since most of your damage comes from buffs and debuffs anyway.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 22, 2021, 04:10 PM

Man, when they first came out with Ignition I hated it. HoR made the game cheaper for p2w style until they came out with this. It's a financial nerf in more ways than 1.

Still it's nice. I held off on Igniting Mafdet, was losing raids for awhile. Brought Mafdet to 2 stars, not good enough, until I saw people killing the boss with Eve. Then I got a personal dose of what Ignited Eve can do in PvP. This lady was way OP yet, she wasn't an event child.

Up til now I will not ignite a child unless I'm taken by force. I chose Sniper Hildr as my other ignition cause I wanted this barbaric party. Sometimes I bring Fire Bathory ( no ignition ) instead of Pantheon, but this setup is more lethal I find. These days I like to use my attacker party which is fairly low on the power scale but due to the nature of the party I don't lose enough to justify getting that ignited Thisbe and Athena I really want.

I also keep in mind how we'll probably want to ignite our regular WB wood childs, but carefully cause we really never know which one of them might get replaced for this the following raids.

Wood Bathory and Rookie Mona for sure.

Pantheon... We can ignite dark childs now but I don't know about this one. It looks as though his slide skill will have an increased rate of 05.0 and the CRT damage goes up by 10.0 which is less than a 10% increase, less I say ! I wonder if we'd even notice the difference when we ignite Pantheon.

But yes, for the sake of efficiency, the party I use most in PvP is this one in the image, and been to Platinum V with it. 1 Pantheon, 1 Hildr, 1 Eve and the opponent is dead. Of course it doesn't always work out that way as the increased crit rate can fail then the match must go on longer, or I get killed. Sytry is, and Isolde are a problem whenever they catch me. Moa ? Her too though she hasn't been around all that much as of late.

• dr badunkachud LV.13 Chief Mar 24, 2021, 07:13 AM

I just put a single def core on pantheon just to help keep him alive since his job is to just be alive and boost someone lol. I did the same with several others too just to open up flexibility by needing to worry about less sustain.

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Mar 24, 2021, 12:25 PM

In WB that'll help. I just started using him for PvP more frequently and as I noticed before, he's always one of the last to die. And when Pantheon is one of the last standing in PvP, then it's time to accept a loss lol.

Home