gamer913238632 LV.4 Lurker
Jun 1, 2021, 03:10 AM 117 read

What Determines if the App Restarts?

FORUM

Hey all, I've been playing on mobile for a while (Pixel 3, Verizon LTE), and I was just wondering what determines when the game needs to reload. I was playing just now, and switched to another app just to quickly take and send a picture to someone. I went back to the app and the game jumped back to the title screen which annoyed the hell out of me because I had just cleared a Labyrinth stage. I was on the victory screen, but hadn't confirmed anything. I don't even know if I got my rewards for winning. -_- Anyway, I notice the game will normally jump back to the title screen if I leave it running in the background while I'm messing around in other apps after sometime. This time, I was only in my other apps for less than a minute. What gives? How does this work? Is it time based, connection based, or something else? Thanks for any insight

Comment 3

• Kara Sol Stay Calm LV.20 Supersonic Jun 1, 2021, 05:21 AM

The operating system with tuning by phone manufacturer and perhaps some performance apps or energy-saving apps on top are what I would blame. Simpler apps like browsers are either reloading the page when you access them or keep showing you the version you opened before switching to some other app.
    When my powerhouse phone was in a repair shop, I was using an Android Go substitute. Not only did it lose any fluidity with opening just a few tabs in Chrome, it visibly reloaded the content on accessing the less than recent tabs.
    And it simply extinguished the radio one minute after the screen was locked, making the feature unusable. A webnovel reading app as well, the next second after the screen got locked, the app was effectively terminated, and even though the app screen appears to be available for switching to, an attempt to do so just cold-starts it.
    All to save the power, all to free up the RAM.
    I think the picture-taking stuff is often synonymous with everything else going on a backburner.
    There are complaints about phones here nd there overheating when using the camera. Therefore, a sneaky resource war is called for. The OS discards certain cache or hash or a half-open connection or some other session-identifying stuff and when the game is accessed again, it has nothing to show the game servers for itself, it starts fresh.

• NELIEL LV.23 Bamboozled Jun 1, 2021, 12:45 PM

app restart is determined by the device running the software failing to maintain a connection to the server. there are endless possibilities for which this can happen and pin pointing the exact 1 would take too much time.

I can not agree with much in the below post by Karl, but I will say that power saving features could be an issue. I say that because most power saving features close/terminate apps running in the background. All apps not currently visible on your screen are considered background apps, hence the term.

• Toeknee LV.22 S Jun 2, 2021, 04:57 PM

If you see a reward screen, then you got the reward right away.

I'm not entirely sure why it disconnects, but I suspect it'll happen more frequently if your Phone doesn't have much memory.

Says here Pixel 3 has 4GB of RAM.

On mobile I play on a device with 12GB of RAM and though it does disconnect after a long time, I've left the game for over 30 minutes before and it never restarted.

In my amature assumption for the Pixel 3, I'll narrow it down to Android compensating for performance by cutting DC loose in memory while you do other things that may or may not utalize your 4GB of RAM

Home