JJamez LV.7 Nomad
Jul 5, 2021, 04:11 AM 193 read

Child starters, benchwarmers and buzzkillers

FORUM

Much thanks to many of whom post and/or reply on DC forums giving links to guides and info that help for the game. I know it has helped me out immensely in the little time I have joined moot since I started to play. I honestly was a bit skeptical of joining moot forums at first because I really tired of trolls/haters/shit talkers from all the other games/chats/forums I use to be in. Not that I cared so much about what was said, it was more so just the annoying factor of negative feedback and remarks that had no relevance. Anyways, do not intend to bore with my past story, just wanted to give thanks and show appreciation to the few or many I have posted on here and in-directly. Its been really nice to see many of the helpful posts and replies without the negativity and/or sarcastic insults, especially new players like myself. Now back to my main topic of this post, if anyone could help me with my dilemna I am currently having with my childs.   To simplify and explain my problem that may be easily done or answered by many others, its pertaining to upgrading/boosting my childs (specifically 5*). I have read and seen many tips as to how to farm and upgrade childs and which childs to get and level, and although I hate to even say and admit, I have messed up quite a lot in terms of resource usage and wasted many 5* childs utilizing or disposing of them in the not so best efficient way when I had first started playing. However, that no longer happens ever since I had joined moot and learned from many of you seeing the posts and replies to others. Now that there has been new childs whom somewhat have replaced/upgraded others and cover more variety of skills/party formations. What or how do many of you do with the childs you no longer use or have any use for? (referring to upgraded/leveled/capped 5* and 6* childs, Not fodder). I'm sure some either keep the child as alternatives, or recycle them through HOR or made into cores. Now I havent seen or read into detail about the deadweight and useless childs that no longer get any spotlight let alone playtime. I have been collecting and slowly leveling/upgrading/capping any and all 5* I have been getting because I'm not too keen on whom or which child will be used and/or effective in ragna/wb for future events and such. I am limited on inventory space as it is and the space I got is only due to capping many of the childs that are beneficial or may be used. Now with this endless duel coming up, I have to start building up 3* and 4* which I usually dissolve into onyx or evo 4* to 5* for my essential 5* evo to 6* when I have the resources to do so. There are a lot of 5* childs I have obtained and been capping to prepare in hopes that they were gonna be useful or used for ragna/wb/events/pvp eventually (I'm starting to think otherwise because many of them have never been used nor will I ever add to party because either they are just bad or I have better/upgrade childs). So the problem I've been having is what to do with my stockpile of childs that I don't need at all or will not use anymore. (Its not a simple and easy solution for me which is why I am asking any and all for different opinions, suggestions, and advice).   My primary question of relevance and what it pertains to is: Would it be a good idea to Unbind the 5* and 6* childs no longer in action or used? I know it is onyx costly and somewhat of wasted resource already (each cap costs coin which is expensive when fully capped [1-3 million total] each unbind is minimum 9-10k onyx and 1k more for every cap lvl higher, so for a 5* or 6* max capped would cost total onyx: 84K (5*) and 100K (6*) to fully unbind all caps. I understand how it can be a waste for some but given my situation. Those childs were leveled or capped primarily to open slot space or in preparation in thinking I was going to use them at some point. Some have skills leveled and are awakened, and some could still be of possible use as alts for wb/ragna in future. I mainly ask because the unbound child would give me a 5* base for every unbind. So would that be more feasible to do or not? Even though I would have to use/waste onyx to unbind, wouldnt that be more viable than to dispose or used for whatever at its capped level (+1-6)???   Sorry for such a long winded post, I just wanted to explain in more detail and given my situation to try and have a better understanding to grasp my issue. Thanks to all and any advice or suggestions. And thank you for your time as well as it could have been spent on WB event (which I will be going back to doing shortly)

Comment 8

• Tony Li LV.7 Nomad Jul 5, 2021, 01:45 PM

I would have just expand the child inventory. I think it cost 1000 crystals for 10 slots and 10000 gold to add another 10 slots then it repeats. the current child slot limit is 700 but it's still not enough for veteran players. there's are only a handful of child that I don't uncap but everyone is at least level 50. I am like you have many child that I don't ever use or plan on using but then all of sudden it became a viable child such as Thesis and Hermes. For me the main reason I keep certain or most child is you never know when or if one of those you consider useless or waste of child slot will become booster child for WB and or Narrative Dungeon. The final decision is up to you.

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Jul 5, 2021, 06:27 AM

Welcome to DC community. :)

To keep or to unbind your unused childs is up to you, I prefer keep them and try to collect or max them all or at least 1 copy but this is me with years of playing so I can understand that you could have other priorities.

The efficient way should be to focus upgrading only good childs like those in team and WB formations that you can see during the events in top100 rankings, and yes unbind childs cost too much so if you have some, keep them and maybe in the future if you will have more resources you may decide what to do with them. Then if you have already some old 6 star +6 (or with some uncaps) you could use them during WB until you get better childs ready to be usable.

• JJamez LV.7 Nomad Jul 5, 2021, 12:07 PM

Thanks Gatsu, actually I have already been collecting and maxing per your advice from other posts you have done for others. Ive pretty much got 1 of every 5* child (except maid sytry whom is a bit difficult atm to obtain and none for collab childs). I have maxed them all to 50 already, the priority and useful childs Ive evo'd and max to 60. found out a bit late on how to resourcefully use onyx for which skills to lvl so I was kinda spreading and lvling many of them. But I have corrected my wastefulness since Ive joined moot and read or got tips from you and many others helpful guides and posts. and like you, I would have liked to keep all childs but where Im at for what I have....I could benefit from the 5*s either using them to create cores or as fodder while igniting priority childs. Onyx is an issue however so thats why I was asking for opinions because it would be rather expensive on resource cost, unbinding to than create core or ignite. But if I wait for 5* fodders, who knows when or if I get the correct type I need to ignite with and than there is my benchwarmer childs just sitting, not ever used with few cap levels untouched....

• Kuro chan LV.17 Let’s play Destiny! Jul 5, 2021, 09:23 AM

TL;DR:
    Have fun

• SheepPun LV.10 Nomad Jul 6, 2021, 03:14 AM

>Would it be a good idea to Unbind the 5* and 6* childs no longer in action or used?

While units almost never get changed themselves (beyond ignition,) mechanics sometimes do. Thetis and Luin were considered pretty trash tier when they came out so many people opted to fodder them hard but when WB bosses got changed so they could be effected by their debuff duration, there was a lot of bemoaning of those past decisions.

This also happened back when skill queue came to GL, tap attackers (who were just as strong as they're now mind you) were often yeeted by players because the only way to get the most out of them was to play manually. You know PvP auto AI? That used to be every modes AI. So basically certain units were "nerfed" by the AI's own stupidity.

So the general rule of thumb is "don't fodder any nat 5*s unless they're +5-6" which leads into "be careful how you fodder nat 5*s"
    Ultimately though, sometimes you just gotta go with your gut. Just be ready to accept your gut isn't always the smartest organ in you.

• dr badunkachud LV.13 Chief Jul 6, 2021, 09:22 AM

True, also even if you do make a mistake there’s usually a similar or new unit to fill that role. I don’t worry about it too much personally

• JJamez LV.7 Nomad Jul 6, 2021, 02:47 PM

Thanks, I can relate to what you mentioned about using certain 5* childs I had thought to be bad or did not use them when I first started playing. I didn't know the full mechanics of tap/slide skills so I was just happy with a full 5* team that were top tier listers plowing through quests and even pvp battles....sadly wasted many resources and childs, but than ragna event came and I had no idea how to make a good party, than after was WB and I was like WTF.....here I am struggling with a good 5 party team and now I need 20? LOL. Thanks to joining Moot and the DC community, helped me out tremendously in terms of my DC account and gameplay.

• OhNoBees LV.8 Nomad Jul 7, 2021, 06:02 AM

Also, I think (unless I'm wrong) there's an endless duel mode that uses 5* childs. You might want to wait to see what the meta is for that before destroying any potentially usable 5*s.

Home