TwoFour LV.5 Lurker
Jul 13, 2021, 07:38 AM 366 read

Seeking advice ahead of igniting Fire Bathory

FORUM

So I've been patiently waiting and saving up for quite awhile before hopping onto the Ignition train. I want to start with a strong attacker and FBathory seems like the best bet for me since she's good in multiple modes (even used when she's off-element for WB) and I've recently gotten a couple drops to uncap her all the way to 60+5.   I wanted advice on two fronts...   #1 Manual PVP I'm given to understand that in order to get good value from her as a PVP attacker, you need to play manual PVP. Apparently the AI is very unoptimal for her in particular according to some posts on PVP meta I've read on here, so I've opted for Serket as my attacker to date as I've always left my PVP fully automated. I don't really know what the thought process is to smartly doing manual PVP control. Is it a matter of just knowing whether the Tap or Slide is better for each of your Childs and mostly doing those (save for the odd reactionary ability like a Cleanse from time to time)? I've tried putting it on Manual and 1X speed and doing mostly Slides as soon as I see the meter is ready for each of my Childs, but I found that works far worse than just letting the Automated AI do its thing. There must be something obvious I'm missing, right? What am I doing so wrong when I try to manual PVP?   #2 Choosing the Right Core I've got a couple of cores that are triple Amp stats, but they're not ATK main stat...

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Seeking advice ahead of igniting Fire Bathory image 2
DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Seeking advice ahead of igniting Fire Bathory image 3

Would something like this actually perform better even though it's only 2 Amps?

DESTINY CHILD: FORUM - Seeking advice ahead of igniting Fire Bathory image 5

Or should I hold out a little longer until I find a good 3 Amp ATK core? Given that this is likely to be my most valuable Child for a long time, I'd like to maximize it the most possible.   I appreciate any help.

Comment 14

• dikstra LV.19 Sage Jul 13, 2021, 02:07 PM

Ignited Courtesan Bathory is indeed a strong off-element choice due to her self buff tap and very good supporting units. PVE focused, you want cores like these: Amp Crt/Amp Atk/Amp Atk or Amp Atk/Amp Crt/Amp Crt. Both are strong in off-element situations too because Amp Agl would be useless there given how Bathory obviously would't have the weak point advantage.

Mentioned cores are very hard to get (as any triple amp core) so the realistic core would be Amp Atk (main)/Amp Crt/HP. This is still fine for PVE while it can serve as a hybrid PVP core as well... because of HP.

The closest core you got for her is AATK/ACRT/AGL (3rd you showed) and you can go ahead and use it on her if you don't want to wait for better cores that may or may not come soon.

Special note that ACRT/AAGL/AAGL is one of the best possible cores for percentage based attackers such as Hel, Aria, Laura and so on. Might hold onto it if you ever plan to ignite any of them. These attackers don't use AATK (unlike the normal 6 hit sliders) which is why the core above is perfect for them.

• dr badunkachud LV.13 Chief Jul 13, 2021, 09:03 AM

Amp Agl isn’t great for PVP unfortunately. We’re getting a lot of free core mats right now, maybe it would be best to wait for a better one if your building for pvp.

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Jul 13, 2021, 10:53 AM

F. Bathory is a good attacker for PvP but is not the best, Ophois is top tier in PvP instead.

In my opinion to use well F. Bathory in PvP there are same good ways, for example using her with a crt buffer (pantheon / lupin).

I will add here my team as another example but remember that I’m facing full ignited teams in Platinum 5 and that I didn’t ignited them in few days but it took a lot of time:

My Bathory use Bari carta, atk+crt gear. Ophois use Anniversary carta, atk+crt gear. All other childs use Showtime carta, atk+agi weapon and hp/def gear.

1x speed manual.

The goal is simple: as a leader Thisbe will speed up the team (and a little more herself) so I will slide asp with her and she will charge to full (and apply immortality) Bathory and Ophois but before using their slides I will slide with Banshe so that my 6x hitters will remove some enemies more easily. Sytry slide is there as an extra to slow down or to apply allure (sometimes for her drive if I need extra time).

For timings I will try to slide first (after Banshe) with Bathory so she will target the enemies attackers, then with Ophois to finish them. The first drive is in general Ophois and it will finish the battles most of the times.

• Gatsu86 LV.24 Champion Jul 13, 2021, 10:53 AM

From 15400 or 15500+ points most of the teams are fully ignited so it is a lot harder then before to rank higher, but once your PvP team is strong enough or with at least your 6slide attacker(s) fully ignited you have good chances to win if played well and with a good tactic.

P.s. Regarding the cores, for F.Bathory may be ok your 3° posted, the other cores are better for non-attackers.. If you want you can wait to find a better 3x amp (red) stats (as: ampt atk amp crt amp agi or any combination of those stats)

• JJamez LV.7 Nomad Jul 13, 2021, 08:31 AM

I'm no expert but imo and from what I have seen. I think you would do better to upgrade other childs rather than F. Bathory if your intent is to focus on PVP. F. Bathory is good in PVP only if you build a team around her as lead. Her skills are good in the sense that it ignores def. for her slide and her tap increases her atk. However, I dont really see F. Bathory much in high end Arena teams so in long term pvp, it may not be as ideal as you would like her to be. This is just my opinion though, and with PVP, its very difficult to really pinpoint ideal outcomes with so many variable team makeups and child party comps.

Also about your cores, I have never seen an AMP Atk x3 core, I'm sure there is one but thats like almost impossible to get even if there is one. Ive seen dual Amp Atk but even that is very very rare. In my little time Ive played and out of like 100 cores made or gotten, Ive only made one dual Amp Atk. That Amp AGL > AMP DEF > AMP ATK core you got would prolly be best for your F. Bathory if you were to go that route with her in PVP. The DEF is much more viable in PVP for survival for Attackers.

• TwoFour LV.5 Lurker Jul 13, 2021, 09:04 AM

Thanks for the advice!

I'm not actually focused fully on PVP. In fact it's among the least of my concerns in terms of mode preference, but I do want to play it.

I know that others like Eve, Sniper Hildr, Saturn or Ophois are probably better for PVP strictly, and I do hope to work on them as well as I get more resources, but I imagine we're due for a Wood Raid and/or World Boss opponent pretty soon and as I mentioned above, a fully ignited FBath seems to be usable to good effect even against non-opposite element WBs. She just strikes me as a good value option all around.

And since she's going to be my first and only ignited attacker, I assume she'll still outperform the more meta attackers for me until I can ignite them too, so I expect she'll end up being my best PVP option nonetheless, which is why I wanted to learn how best to use her.

• JJamez LV.7 Nomad Jul 13, 2021, 10:18 PM

I hear ya and now since I know a bit more of what your intent and focus is. Bare in mind, a Child alone can only do so much when it comes to ragna/wb therefore you will have to upgrade a few childs that will assist and help boost your F. Bathory in fights to really get the most out of her (particularly fire support childs). I like F. Bathory myself as she was one of the first good childs I had when I started so I definitely worked on her quite a bit but for me as I soon had noticed, she wasn't so viable for me in team make ups and in PvP, even though she hit decently well, she was so squishy and got killed rather fast (but that was before I got more into pvp and about party setups). But still, compared to other childs I had, she got owned quick. If you have saved up and got enough to fully ignite a child. I honestly would go with Eve however, being that we just finished a Fire WB, she may not be as viable for upcoming wb/ragna but, she is a powerhouse, especially fully ignited in both PvE and PvP aspect. Even not fully ignited, she is still damn good imo, I use her in almost everything I do cept for Ragna/WB depending on element type. But if you don't have many childs to work with, Eve is a choice where you can't go wrong imo, she will be used from beginning to end game for the most part, including pvp.

• dikstra LV.19 Sage Jul 13, 2021, 01:44 PM

Main stats cannot repeat in the same core, can only repeat as substats. This means triple Amp Atk core doesn't exist. Also means if AATK is main, it cannot appear as substats.

• This review has been deleted.

• dikstra LV.19 Sage Jul 13, 2021, 02:15 PM

Amp Crt does not directly contribute to weak point damage. ACRT increases critical damage while Amp Agl increases weak point damage.

Also not true that ignited Eve is "the only one striking 3 targets" (that other attackers "are capped at 2 targets at a time"). Ophois, Tiamat target 3 units as well (among others).

• Toeknee LV.23 Warrior Jul 13, 2021, 06:34 PM

If PvP isn't your main concern then the firstAGL core with amplified is best.

Amplified AGL contributes to weak point damage so while your fire Bathory will smash wood units hard already, the AMP CRT will make her even more potent against wood types. Raids, WB. With Lupin or Pantheon in PvP your Bathory won't have any problem 1 shotting water units.

Best all round attacker is Eve, as she's able to wipe out 3 targets at a time in both PvP and PvE. Her poison also serves as an attack buff for the whole party too as it kicks in everytime a poisoned unit gets struck, while the opponent can consider poison as a debuff.

No matter how strong an attacker is, they are capped at 2 targets at a time, Eve still comes out on top cause she's the only one striking 3 targets.

Observe the party in the image. The only PvP parties that can possibly end a battle in 3 swipes have 1 Eve/Tiamat/Ophois. The S. Hildr can be replaced with any 6 hit ignited attacker, it'll always be the subjects 1 shotting 3 targets while the other will clear out 2 members, granted they both get critical hits.

On a side note, this party in the image may seem invincible. That's sometimes, they don't like Ymir and some debuffers.

As for Manual play.....

Start at 1x speed. Say the party in the image was being played manually, I would swipe them all.

Lupin in particular is best when we swipe then tap 2nd.

You also want to know what your units are doing but in this case Lupin is the only one to make a mental note of what to do next.

The advantage to manually playing is speed or dealing more damage in the given time, which is useful for raids.

When you're used to playing on x1 speed, then go ahead and play on x2.

x3 speed is way too fast, no time to think and the clock is moving fast causing us to do less in the given time. You'd literally need Ultra Instinct to play on x3.

Playing manually will also get you better acquainted with how critical attacks work. You see and hear the red lightning flash on your icon, but you must perform the attack before it fades away. You'll have plenty of time but the sooner the better.

Manual play in raids....

Once you know which skills you'll be using go ahead. However....

If your attacker's main attack is a slide skill wait for the red lightning flash, if it doesn't happen, then tap the attacker.

Tap skills have 0 cooldown ( the countdown clock ) so in raids your swipe attacker will charge again for a critical swipe attack. Of course a critical supporter is required.

Just know who to swipe and tap, start on x1 speed and you'll get better faster than you think.

One more thing about playing manually. you must keep your eyes on your team at the bottom of the screen. I know, there's tits jiggling up above but you must focus.

• Baegrok LV.7 Nomad Jul 13, 2021, 10:47 PM

FBathory is a solid choice for PvP. She’s used among the top 100 PvPers; she is far from irrelevant, and if she’s your best unit — or even just favorite unit — use her if you want to use her.

That being said, Amp Agl or Agl for her is not ideal for your proposed uses, because:

1. Agl is for increasing weakpoint damage, so it isn’t helpful for off-element WB. You’re going to want Amp Atk and/or Amp Crit for her to excel here.

2. Agl is nerfed in PvP. You want Amp Def and/or HP to be useful here, if you’re thinking of a long-term core with end-game viability.

Your Amp Atk/Amp Crit/Agl core is okay for short-term purposes; it’s certainly usable, and is a good core. But for PvP, once you get into Platinum ranks one day, you’ll wish she had more survivability. And people might poop on her for PvP, which I get, but once Endless Mode comes around she’s probably going to be on most teams.

For an attacker that is viable for PvP, excellent cores would be Amp Atk/Amp Def/HP or Amp Def/Amp Atk/Amp Atk. IMO these would be ideal for her, but they are hard to get.

• Ericool Lim LV.18 Sage Jul 14, 2021, 06:19 PM

Since you a fan of F. Bathory
    I share my F.bathory below
    she using core with Amp.cri + amp.def + amp.def

her defence point can up to 10796 in pvp mode(3,452+6,294+1,050)

can survive most of the critical hit where those team without Lupin.

• Ericool Lim LV.18 Sage Jul 14, 2021, 10:07 PM

I share a pvp battle recording video on Google Drive, take a look a MAX defence F. Bathory battle in action

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=11VgrZXhY2E-KhO4udMPKcyMkx63W4v7c

Home