Lynxy LV.5 Lurker
Dec 29, 2021, 12:53 AM 859 read

Mail Bug

FORUM

Hello Dear DC Devs,   I've heard through various sources that there has been a very serious bug with the mail claiming, which led to players being able to basically get unlimited amounts of crystals. I'm glad that you fixed that with the limiting of mail claiming to only be 100 now, but are there any plans to punish those who abused this bug?   It's also a little sketchy that there was no mention from you about this bug in the update notice, you kinda tried to gloss over it with this very broad sentence: "- An issue in which a temporary network instability occurred."   As a vivid spender I cannot overlook such an issue. People might've been able to get hundreds of thousands of crystals for free while i had to spend money for it. Please explain what you plan to do going forward, thanks. A lot of people are upset about this, and I demand justice be done.  

Comment 14

• htlwx20 LV.6 Nomad Dec 29, 2021, 01:22 AM

Wow that's terrible to learn about, thanks for sharing this.
    It's a very unfair advantage in competitive pvp&pve against both spenders & f2p.

Considering such a bug must have been shared & abused in private groups even before the CN moot bug report&hotfix: has this only been possible since the last maintenance or was it present for months or even years SU?

• ZSWBM LV.17 Sage Dec 29, 2021, 01:31 AM

Since they only “fixed” it today, the bug can be abused since launch

• ak LV.2 Lurker Dec 29, 2021, 01:42 AM

As a light whale who has spent $500-700 on this game, I consider this a very serious issue and agree with all of the points listed.

What is the purpose of my spending if players were able to abuse a glitch to get infinite crystals for free while not being punished at all for it?

If I am spending hundreds (maybe eventually even thousands) of dollars but anyone else can get the same thing for free, then I am being taken advantage of.

I do not want compensation, but it is EXTREMELY important for people who abused this exploit to be properly punished for it. If the users who abused this are not punished, then I will be issuing a chargeback for all the money I have spent on this game.

• BigBlakCok LV.20 S Dec 29, 2021, 01:13 PM

Honestly, any response from the Devs is appreciated as this severely undermines fair play.

• marked56 LV.3 Lurker Dec 29, 2021, 01:30 PM

I started playing this game in August. In 4 months I have spent more than 5 thousand USD, there is little reason for me to do so, i will never catch up with the old players i just want to support the game. Yet I find myself continuously disappointed with how you handle PR. With this incident, why should I, or any other new player who manages to find this game with your appalling lack of marketing continue to spend? Why should the people who supported the game since launch, the ones whose spending have paid your salary and for your PS5s spend? You spit on our faces with the lack of communication.

Ban the ones who abused this. If no one abused it then good, COMMUNICATE to us that no one did. If you believe how you handle this issue will not reflect on shiftups standing and the future new release Nikke, you would be severely mistaken.

• dikstra LV.20 S Dec 29, 2021, 01:46 AM

Infinite xtals
    get every new unit +6: check
    have infinite amount of fodder for cores: check
    Welcome to DC mail bug

• Gatrix LV.7 Nomad Dec 29, 2021, 12:57 AM

Put a flag to all my fellow brethens. This shalt not be overlooked.
    Today we fight. Today we riot.

• Naomi LV.20 Shadow Dec 29, 2021, 02:07 AM

Sad if it really existed so far. I hope they will punish the exploiters. I love this game and support it every month to make it better.

But if some take advantage of a vulnerability of this magnitude and gain a very huge advantage over it, it is disgusting.

I demand justice to everyone who plays this game fairly!
    --

• MisakiSakaki LV.16 Sage Dec 29, 2021, 02:09 PM

Apparently this would be easily traceable if every action the player does is tracked (as literally any other game). And all they would have to do is see which player gets x resources repeatedly and continuously for a short period of time (mail box claims as the exploit shows).

The million dollar question, will something happen towards this? I just give you a vote of confidence and a pist of hope that these things are easy to track depending on the activity log model that the server may have.

In my most sad opinion, the problem goes further as mentioned, the exploit has been discovered recently, no one knows how long it has been active and it is even more worrying that, considering the aforementioned, it is very likely not, that it is not such tracker/log so no matter how much they punish the current ones, God knows how many have already done this. And if they have had it, the negligence that must be had to have a tracker or a log and not take the time to verify irregularities that bear fruit like the exploit that we have right now

And if I am honest, no, we do not need compensation, we need a "witch hunt" aka punishment. Take a break from events and spend it time fixing the exploit and punishing those who have abused it.

• Tony Li LV.12 Chief Dec 29, 2021, 03:39 AM

lol I had more then 200 items in my mailbox when I claimed them they just disappeared. I don't think there could be that many players know of this bug. if it's they are they doing a really good job of keep it a secret.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Dec 29, 2021, 01:03 AM

I didn’t notice any bug in my mail so far. What kind of sources?

• Kharl LV.24 Wizard Dec 29, 2021, 01:09 AM

https://moot.us/lounges/240/boards/1156/posts/5434129/bug

I don't fully understand it as it's written in Chinese. It seems there's a way to repeatedly claim crystals and blood gems from mailbox.

Edit: Tapping Refresh after having claimed all items will disconnect you from the game. Upon returning to the game, everything will go back to how it was before you claimed the items except that now you'll have more crystals and blood gems. This can be repeated indefinitely.

• Gatsu86 LV.25 Champion Dec 29, 2021, 05:10 AM

Yeah, this isn’t right. I "wasted" a lot of money on this game, that glitch makes me feel stupid for spending so much money.

• Danbo de Piano LV.27 Bamboozled Dec 29, 2021, 03:27 PM

that's freaking insane! holy Katz, given the other chests that have gone on before and his they have tried to address , ie think raid and wb cheats and hiw they calculate wins after pulling bad apples out etc
    also remember how they had consequences for the snow flakes selling fiasco ? yes there was comp too but I thi k there were penalties or undoing for those that exploited it .but that also shows how ready and willing people are to cheat at this particular game too so there unce give to do it was there and surely this was shared and taken advantage of but bug question, did their that did even still play today? if the error was caught then the results could also be be tracked , but also I am curious but don't have a right or true need to know, how did they finally figure it out? by chance ? an audit ? someone tipped them off ? someone went off the rails greedy and did it so much it shined a. light on it ?

Home