Just want a button or toggle that helps with spoiler content. It could, hopefully, do multiple things at once:
• Add a [Spoiler] type of tag in the title that’s a bit more noticeable than regular titles.
• Block both main text and comments from showing in the post preview for each board.
• Perhaps add a text, image, or gif that can be shown in the post preview - so the post doesn’t just appear empty.
• Add an option for Mods/Admin/OP to be able to turn on a spoiler toggle after the fact, even if it doesn’t necessarily give us all of the other options.
I know it’s been mentioned before, but I thought I may add my take.
Straightforwardly: Game notifications for events and updates, with optional push notifications for those who opt-in on various games. I’ve suggested similar before for the Daily Moot, but it could be expanded further into the games directly.
For example, today is Community Day on Pokémon GO, so those who opt-in on their profile for Pokémon games, the Pokémon lounge, or Pokémon GO specifically could receive a notification just before the event starts at 2pm EST. This would help keep players involved in the Moot community and informed for the games they love to play.
Gif unrelated. Kinda.
Board Battles Update
I was thinking, perhaps when the Board Battles update daily a notification could go out for the current rankings. Perhaps it could be an opt-in setting or even dependent on whether or not you’ve recently participated in the current battle? Just a thought. Could potentially help keep the fight active.
Growing Moot - Where do we go next?
I really like this platform for community engagement and I’d love to see Moot grow exponentially bigger than the current state, both in content and active membership. So, I’m curious on brainstorming in the current community: what can we do outright to improve and grow the MOOT? Beyond that, what changes or expansions could be made to make Moot stand out?
I’ll start off with a couple of ideas here:
- Featured content for community partners? For instance, there’s a lot of content creators on YouTube that get their voices heard far and wide, much better than most of us could touch on our own in social media. Perhaps picking a specific content creator for each lounge, they could help promote Moot and we in partnership could promote their videos in the featured sections? Even pursuing interaction with developers directly could be beneficial.
- Social media groundswell amongst active members here. Replying to developers on Twitter? Finish off with a Moot themed hashtag. Destiny2onMoot PUBGonMOOT ? Game updates or articles on Facebook? Link to Moot directly in the comments section.
So, what do you think, fellow Moot-ers and Admins? Is there something we should pursue, or avoid?
(Do we have or need a better community name? Mootites? Mooters? Moots? Moot mutineers... Mootineers? Hmm...)
Lounges - Consoles/Brands & AR/VR
Personally, I’m almost entirely an Xbox One gamer, and that’s my central community that I’m interested in - at least beyond specific games or genres. A Microsoft lounge would be a bit broad, so I’m thinking Xbox specific would be the better option, and same for Sony and PlayStation. Nintendo has a bit of a better hold on their overall brand identity within gaming as a whole, and a more diverse console selection.
Moving beyond that, I love talking about the more interesting and advanced tech that moves gaming forward, particularly with both Virtual and Augmented reality.