(*•̀ᴗ•́*)و ̑̑ I've Done It! 100% Collection!!!
My greatest achievement in any gacha game (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)و, especially as a free-to-play player (I chose to support Shift Up by buying merch through their store instead). The last character I needed was Venus, and they have a rate up banner for her right now, so I just kinda went for it!
Should be smooth sailing now, with the boosted guaranteed banners we get for every character (The ones where you are guaranteed the character when getting a 5*).
Getting DC animated interactive wallpapers for Android phones
This is by no means straightforward or easy, but the payoff may be worth it for some of y'all. It's also kinda hacky so do it at your own risk.
I did not create any of the applications, but just using them in a specific way to get the wallpaper on my phone. Hopefully this will be useful to some of y'all that wanted animated and interactable waifus on your phone home screen hahaha.
1) Download Mammon's Mite from the google play store:
2) Open the app and go into the settings (click the three dots in the top right corner->settings)
3) In the settings menu, change the "Destiny Child Package" to "com.linegames.dcglobal". Click the "change" button next to it. All of directories should light up green color if you did it right. If it's still red, double check your spelling.
SETTING CHARACTERS AS ANDROID WALLPAPERS:
1) On the Mammon's Mite homepage. Hit the menu symbol on the top left of the screen. Under "Models", click "Destiny Child". It's gonna pull up all of the character files from your game, but is written as, for example, "c000_01". Probably easiest thing to do is to use the lokicoder live 2D viewer to figure out which number belongs to which character.
2) Once you locate a character/costume you want, click it, and then click the "Global" option when it asks. From here you can "Open", "Preview", or "Save". You will want to click "Save". Another prompt will show up asking for a Model name and Folder name. You can use whatever you want here for the name.
3) Once you save, go back to the home page of Mammon's Mite, click the drop down menu and under Models, click "Unpacked". You will be taken to another page showing the character you just saved.
4) Click the character of interest and then click "Preview". This is where you can move your model around with your fingers to set where you want them for your wall paper. Double tap the screen to pull up a menu to select your background image (see next section) and any other adjustments you wish. Make sure "Animated" and "Tappable" is checked. Save your settings. ***EDIT: When you change the background filename, try clicking some other box before clicking save, to register the filename change.***
**Note 1***: If you make any adjustments to the character size/location with your fingers, you need to double tap and click save, or it will not save state when you exit the page.
5) Go back a screen to the "Unpacked Models" that you saved. Click the character of interest again, but this time click "Wallpaper". Save it and enjoy your new wallpaper!
Supposedly for KR, the backgrounds get automatically applied, but I couldn't get that to work. You need to get the backgrounds as png files to apply it.
1) I recommend downloading these sets of images:
(Original post: https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyChildGlobal/comments/a8v5lb/destiny_child_wallpaper_icons_portrait_and_other/)
2) Place these in an easily accessible directory on your phone. I currently recommend to place them in "directory/to/phone/storage/DCUnpacker/Unpacked/", since this is the native storage location for Mammon's Mite, which will show up on the app as "/storage/emulated/0/DCUnpacker/Unpacked/".
3) Just set the background path to "/path/to/filename.png" if following the above directories, then it would be, for example "/storage/emulated/0/DCUnpacker/Unpacked/bg_001_f.png"
***Note 2***: If/when you change the background image, make sure you tap on some other box to remove the focus off of the background path before clicking save. This will register the new path for image and apply it. (It probably makes little sense now, but will make more sense once you get there)
Let's take a moment to appreciate the devs' decision for our version of HoR on DC global!
We could've easily gotten the JP version that requires the Flower of Hades, a limited item gotten every once in a while or with money (Especially since we are basically following JP timeline). Instead, we got a wayyy friendlier version that only needs the much more obtainable resources, apart from the required childs.
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*.✧ THANK YOU DEVS!!!
Woot! (人 •͈ᴗ•͈) finally got to the 200k coins I needed for the Aria costume.
Was very tied up recently to give this Ragna event my all, so I'm glad to have gotten the coins needed for the costume, with just under 2 days left to spare!
✧◝(⁰▿⁰)◜✧ Now to wait until last day before buying ufufufufu
Hope y'all have hit your target goals this event!
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*.✧ It's been a great 1st year for Destiny Child!! Here's to a 2nd great year!! Cheers!!!!!!!
I started back in beginning of January, and this game has pretty much taken over my mobile entertainment. I ended up uninstalling every other game now as I just simply stopped playing them in favor of this one!
As a collector, I simply try to get at least one of each character. Though I know that RNGesus will make that nearly impossible, it's still fun to see how far I can get and keep up with the neverending addition of new childs!!
Now that we're at the game's 1 year mark, I'm super proud of my 1 year collection accomplishment! Only missing 7 childs!! A lot of luck and a lot of enduring hahaha.
Whelp here's to another year for Destiny Child! May luck run strong through us all!! Cheers!
Whelp I think I am the luckiest person in DC (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*.✧
I cannot even begin to fully describe how I'm feeling right now. I just pulled Rin a few hours ago. I was about to go to bed and had about 10k gems. Was looking at the soul cartas (SC), and then thought to myself "Eh why not. These ain't coming back" (BTW I never have pulled for cartas before). 4 pulls later (5400 gems) I had both of them in my handsヾ(*’Ｏ’*)/ (3 multis for lost lamb and 1 multi for angelic smile).
I now have the entire Catherine collection!!!
I digitally give whoever reads this post the rest of my luck for the Catherine collab. May RNGesus bless thy pulls (ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*.✧
You can postpone claiming your slayer raid reward to count for the next day's slayer chest count
Just for newer players that may not know this.
For example if I did 25 slayer raids, I can hold off on claiming 5 until next day, which can then be used to count towards that day's slayer chest count.
Here's a plot of the pull distribution from simulation
EDIT: Switched to a cumulative histogram, as I think that's easier to interpret for most people. x-axis is how many gems used, and y-axis is the percentage of people who would get the limited character if they decided to use a certain number of gems. For example, we can see that 60% of people would get the limited banner child with roughly 25k crystals.
So instead of just throwing numbers out, I decided to make a plot to share. It represents if you decide to pull for a limited child, how many gems it may take for you to get them.
I did 1 million trials to see, and results actually surprised me. I thought there was gonna be a peak in the middle at around 27000 gems (Gaussian distribution), but it turns out that a good number of people will get it very early on.
The problem is the tail end. One of my trials took 468,990 gems to get, which I could image would make anyone quit...
Overall the average number is 27000 gems, which is expected.
Anyways here's the plot for those interested.
WOOHOOOO!!! My only 5* from 14 multis! ( ꈍᴗꈍ)
Super interesting pull distribution this time around. I did 13 multis (130 childs) and did not get a single 5* Probability of this event occurring is about 2%, so about 1 in 50 people see similar situation as me.
The first summon in the 14th multi, I saw Davi come to bless me. Immediately placed my phone face down and did the slow lift and peak after the summon. Getting glimpses of that blonde hair and red ribbon and I knew I job was done
(人*´∀｀)｡*ﾟ+ Catherine is home!!!
Did some quick maths on pull rates based on 1 months savings of gems. DC really is quite generous!
Disclaimer: Only had time to analyze 4 games. Assumes you're past that beginner "oh so many gems!" stage and are in homeostasis.
Chance of getting a specific desired unit using 1 month of saved premium currency:
Destiny Child: 78% (only doing dailies) (low effort)
Bang Dream: 8.6% (must play all events) (high effort)
FGO: 9.1% (all events) (medium-high effort)
Epic 7: 32% (all events) (but 100% at 2.5 months due to mercy pull mechanic) (medium-high effort)
Anyways I started thinking about this after seeing a boatload of bad pulls, and people saying that the rates are bad or DC isin't giving out enough and what not. Since I really love DC, I decided I wanted to show you how this game stands up against others. I did some Google searching to figure out what your chances are for chasing a unit while they are rate up/featured.
What I want to show here is that DC is quite generous. The rates are higher than any game I can think of. While I only did 4 games, I doubt y'all can find a game with rates as high as DC in this sense. Epic 7 is the only game that may top DC in it's mercy pull aspect.
My analysis is below.
So assuming you just do your dailies and nothing else you get 40,740 gems per month ((950 x 30) + (3060 x 4)). This assumes you get Silver III from just dailies. That's 150.88888 pulls per month. That's means for chasing a unit at 1%, you got a 78% chance of getting the unit you want from just 1 month of saving up gems. This completely excludes event gems or special events. Moa Moa Paradice is super good for gem accrual, probably around about another 8000-10000 more crystals.
I can't think of any other game that is this friendly to you.
Bang Dream gets you around 4,500 gems a week if you participate in everything (events and whatnot). It's 2500 for a 10 pull, so you get 18 pulls per month. Chasing a character is typically around 0.5% since there are usually 2 characters in the rate up banner. So in 1 month of saved gems, you have a 8.6% chance of pulling your desired character. If you only do dailies and logins, I don't think you even save enough for a single 10 pull lol.
In FGO, you can farm roughly 24 saint quartz and 4 pull tickets a month. 12 pulls. Chasing a limited servant is at 0.8%, so from 1 month of saving, you have at cumulative chance of 9.1%
For epic seven, I just took the numbers from this post:
From this, you can get 48 pulls a month (I excluded daily summons since most gachas have this, and you cannot target a specific character) so a cumulative probability is around 32% chance to get the unit you want in a month of saving. HOWEVER, that being said, Epic 7 does have a mercy pull on the 121st time (121 club! ಡ ͜ ʖ ಡ), so you can effectively guarantee your pull from 2.5 months of saving. 2.5 months of dailies in DC is at 98%, so 1 in 50 people will be pissed as hell for DC. Anyways, from my experience E7 is a much heavier time commitment when I played, so I'm not sure how long it takes it get to this point.
PSA: Double 5* Rate Banner not good for chasing a specific unit (particularly Newbie Mona/Sytry)
For those of you considering, each individual 5* unit has a 0.085% chance of being pulled. The Newbie Mona/Sytry banner has the featured units at 0.75%, which is about 9x higher than the double rate banner.
This banner is great for beginners or those that just want to fill out their roster and need to get in a lot of the semi-limited units they missed previously. Otherwise, if you're only missing a few units, this banner may not be suited for you.
Just something to consider before you pull
(ﾉ◕ヮ◕)ﾉ*.✧ Happy Gacha Y'all